GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Question fluid leaking but what is it

Ok today i was looking out side at my truck and saw a gleam off so fluid under the truck so i checked under the truck and there was a slightly damp area on the tranny and on the oil pan. the fluid looked like oil but didnt smell like it really nor did it feel like it. any ideas what it might be it was yellowish in color. and my oil level hasnt dropped at all and neither has my tranny fluid level.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Rear main? Have you tried to follow the trail?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Sr. Engineer

Take a stab at it ... yellow banana blood.... joking... brake fluid ..newer oil .only thing could be yellow.
    Trans ..red.. transfer red . Oh might be gear oil.

brake fluid sounds possible because the original owner had to replace the brake lines before i bought the truck. but oil possible too just because its a 96' the has 194,000+ miles and is compleatly stock. and what do u mean by gear oil?

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    brake fluid sounds possible because the original owner had to replace the brake lines before i bought the truck. but oil possible too just because its a 96' the has 194,000+ miles and is compleatly stock. and what do u mean by gear oil?
    Regarding.....what do u mean by gear oil?....is Differential Gear (Oil) lube.....for Front-n-Rear Differential Gears.

Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 12-31-2011 at 04:36 PM.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

ah thank you for the insight and thats deff a possibility too.