GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Before and After

I've just about got the exterior of the pickup looking like I want it (probably as much as will get done for a while) so I took it out for a photoshoot when some storms rolled through the other day. I thought I would throw in some pictures from shortly after I bought it. It doesn't even look like the same pickup anymore. About the only things left for the exterior are some new tires (goodyear wrangler silent armor) which will be here this spring, silver bowties, and mounting the spare tire in the bed.

Before:

After:

Austin

2008 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab

Spray in bedliner, Coverking seat covers, Bushwhacker bed caps, Lund bug guard, Husky splash guards, Weathertech floormats, rear wheel well liners, toolbox, Raptor Series running boards

Soon to be attending Kettering University

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Ok I see new Halo head lights.. What else was done?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Legend
    Blog Entries

He got a new toolbox as well..

Trucks looking good so far, you'll be happy with the spare in the bed. I had my spare tire seize up under the bed, and I ended up cutting the brace that holds it up there and now mine is in the bed lol!

You have done some nice changes
    2011 Silverado, ext cab, LT, Z71, 4X4, leather interior, color matched mirror caps & bowtie.

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    He got a new toolbox as well..

Trucks looking good so far, you'll be happy with the spare in the bed. I had my spare tire seize up under the bed, and I ended up cutting the brace that holds it up there and now mine is in the bed lol!
    Yup, got the wild idea to check and see if my spare would lower yesterday afternoon, 3 hours later and still no luck. Im gonna try again this afternoon but will just end up cutting the wire. Found this setup online and am going to use this to secure it in the bed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mountempty_lge.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	33074

Here this is a better before picture, this was about a week after I got it. The only thing added in this picture is the mud flaps.

Awesome truck - love those new headlights. Really sets off the front of your truck.

And the picture in the post above me is beautiful, and I don't just mean the truck. Love the cornfields with the long dirt road and huge blue sky. Makes me want to move out of nasty Ohio someday and live in gorgeous Kansas or Oklahoma
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

Thanks for the compliments guys, the headlights are probably the number one thing people notice and I finally got some better lights put in them so they are just as bright as the originals now. I have a set of running boards to put on this weekend and one other project if I have time. Ill get some new photos put up at some point.

I got my new spare tire holder put it, im not sure about how it makes the truck look overall :/ It will be better after I get the (already rusty) spare painted up. The tire holder is solid, i've gone through some rough areas after getting it put in and it has still yet to come lose. Tire is bolted and secured in place. Couple of pictures below:

Best part, no holes drilled into the pickup.

Also did a little photoshop to see how a black grille would look, the chrome on my grille is peeling and I want to replace it with something that will last so I have been looking around for a work truck black grille. I think it will work out with a silver bowtie, might also consider some billet inserts. Just need to wait and see how it turns out with the running boards before doing anything else.