GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default right turn signal works intermittently. or sometimes will be clicking but no lights.

Do you think a bulb socket or other?

its likely the problem that or a wire is loose.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Blog Entries

Easiest way to find out is to replace the bulb with one from a local parts store. I think I just paid like $5 for a pair from O'Reilly's. If that doesn't fix the problem, check fuses next, and then start worrying about the wiring.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Mike I had this problem with my 03 silverado last year well two years now. Would turn on the right signal sometimes it worked, other times the blinker would stay solid and other times it wouldn't do anything. While the left signal was fine. All my bulbs were good so it took out my relay, took it apart and lubed it up. That worked for about a week. So had to go to the dealer (only place I could get it) to replace it. I believe it was over $100. Now everything is fine, no problems now.
    "If it ain't one thing, it's a mother******g nother"

Sr. Apprentice

We've had several of the NBS Silverados with corosion in the tail light wiring harness'. I believe that it is from the crap they spray on the roads up here.
    Scott
    Kalispell, MT :zzz:

2004 Chevy Suburban-Bone Stock
    2006 Chvey Silverado 1500HD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    We've had several of the NBS Silverados with corosion in the tail light wiring harness'. I believe that it is from the crap they spray on the roads up here.
    Hey, you're extremely close to me! I hear ya on that crap "Mag Chloride". It eats through absolutely everything doesn't it? Seems like we were going through a ton of tail lights in our work trucks before we finally figured out that wire nuts really aren't the best solution for fixing the problem, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    x2 on the corrosion. Here in Michigan they just use salt. My 02's left tail light stopped working. It was where the rear harness connected to the front. On the frame cross rail just behind the spare tire. I pulled it apart and cleaned it. Have not had an issue in 3 years now. My friend has an 03 that had the exact same issue and solution.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)