GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default cylinder 2 misfire?!?

I keep getting a code when driving on the highway... I think it is p0302 off the top of my head. Whether or not I remembered the correct number, it is a code for cylinder number two misfire. So, I went through all the obvious maintenance: changed plugs, wires and rotor/distributor. The truck runs MUCH better, but I'm still getting the code while driving around 60-65mph on the highway. What am I missing?!?
    I like you.

you made sure the timing isnt off right. hmm im trying to find info on what might be wrong.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    you made sure the timing isnt off right. hmm im trying to find info on what might be wrong.
    I haven't checked timing yet. It runs strong and only throws the code on the highway, so I didn't even think about the timing. I used to have a nice timing light, but someone stole it....
    I like you.

i really dont know if its timing but why not check after replacing ignition system. another problem might be the MAP sensor i would make sure that is all good.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

My guess would be a bad coil above #2. Seen this before on a 2002 trailblazer. Don't think your timing is adjustable.
    "If it ain't one thing, it's a mother******g nother"

1999 doesn't have coil packs. It's old-school with a single coil and a distributor. If it were like my BMW with individual coil packs, that would've been my second guess - after changing the plugs. Good suggestion, though...
    I like you.