GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default What do you think about this idea? good idea or dangerous?

Hello, 2011 Silverado 2wd quad cab. I have installed rough country's 3.5" lift leveling kit with spacers over the strut assembly and blocks for the rear and i am trying to squeeze out more with le$$. Rough country has a 1.25 body lift kit and looks like alot of work for little over an inch. They also have a 2" leveling kit looks like a U shaped piece attaches to the lower control arm below the shock mount. My question; would i be able to combine the two leveling kits and raise the rear with taller blocks. Thank you.

I think that is a question best answered by Rough Country.
    -2001 Suburban 2500 LT 8.1
    -2000 Silverado 1500 LT Z71

Gone but not forgotten:
    -2007 TrailBlazer SS
    -2004 Cadillac CTS-V
    -1998 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
    -1989 Pontiac Formula WS6

Was hoping that someone else thought about this and did it. but thanks

RC stuff isnt known for the best quality... i wouldnt do it, but thats me.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    RC stuff isnt known for the best quality... i wouldnt do it, but thats me.
    Quoted for truth.

Another option to consider is an add a leaf for the rear, tall blocks account for horrible axle wrap. There are a bunch of companies that make custom leafs relatively inexpensive. You don't have to make the truck ride like a tank, just to get a few inches with a leaf kit either. You can get a light duty add a leaf, not that blocks are out of the question, if your looking for ground clearance for ground clearance sake than they are cheap. I third that which was said of RC, I lifted my last truck and was so glad I stayed away from their kits. The last forum I was a member of contained more than a few posts complaining of the fitment of their products.
    I am a American solder, I am a member of the finest fight force on earth, I am the bump in the night. I will defend the United states of American Against all enemies both foreign and domestic. Repent now all those who would do my nation and it's people harm; For when we come it will be too late.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE, Z71 with 5.3 l and max tow/haul package

thanks for the idea of a leaf spring sounds better thank blocks. Now I just hope my rc leveling lift kit will last. thanks again