GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 99 k2500 heated mirrors.

Greets,

Looking to replace my heated mirrors on the burb. The ones that are on it are kinda cruddy. I would like to replaces them with heated + turn signal ones. Has anyone done this or knows where to source something that would work?

Nag.

.....ya clock faster and faster till the desire for speed overcomes the fear of bus.....

u mean like one off a newer burb well i dont think the turn signal is part of the wiring harness so ud need to modify and put in a new wiring from a newer burb but to just get heated mirrors id hit up amazon or ebay for the part. maybe also the local scrap yard but no promise theyre have heated ones. but in theory new mirrors should fit on and old burb, but dont quote me on that.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Greets,

Gonna def look around for a new set of heated power mirrors with the turn signal in them. I don't think it would be to hard to wire em in

Nag.

I had no idea that chevy even offered a heated mirror as an option on our burbs... nice! I know they didn't do a turn signal, so you'd have to do something custom or aftermarket... either one is possible.
    I like you.

Legend

Yes they came with heated mirrors, BUT there are 2 different kinds of mirrors!! Some came with standard electrical elements that heat the glass. another style came with a fluid in it that gets heated. these are very expensive, like 600 a piece. For the most part the ones with them went in the Denali and Escalade that were of the same year, but some of those found their way onto the LT suburbans. I am pretty sure that there is a write up for making your own turn signal mirrors on this sight. The standard electrical mirror is very cheap to purchase on ebay but the black paint is crap and wont last long.
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Greets,

Looky what I found.......http://www.ebay.com/itm/Driver-LH-Passenger-RH-Heat-Turn-Light-Signal-Power-Towing-Trailer-Mirror-/250958738660?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &fits=Year%3A1999|Make%3AGMC|Model%3AK2500+Suburba n|Submodel%3ASLT&vxp=mtr&hash=item3a6e4e74e4

Nag.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Greets,

Now to find a set of projection lights.....

Nag.