GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thank God for u turns. You see , hanging out with the sisters just paid off.
    Good thing you in Chevy otherwise damage could have been much worse .
    Hopefully the child driver had insurance to take care of your damage. Did you find that diamond ring that flew out the window? Lol
    Glad you are ok and back online.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

sorry to hear man, i witnessed a awesome truck accident not to long ago, this dude was driving a full size 96 silverado Crew cab shortbed and took a turn just like you and got rammed by a lady in a small honda ran the red light, she ended up catching his rear fender behind the back tire just before it meets the tailgate, the driver of the chevy was with his girlfriend and they were maybe 20-25. the funny thing was, the only damage was a dent and a broken trim that goes around the truck. the other car was totalled. whats also funny is that when he got hit, he drove up the curb, got out, and started picking up pieces of the other car up out of the road, LOL! gotta love them chevy's man, they can take some serious hits. glad to hear your okay. i look forward to pics!
    1994 Silverado Z71 1500 4x4
    BF Goodrich 31in All-Terrain Tires
    Painted frame-arms-axle
    Blazer Fog lights
    Removed front splash guard
    Tow hook Chains
    Locking gas cap
    REFLEXXION Rear bumper (Painted black)
    Diamond metal bed caps & Truck Box
    Painted engine bay
    Vinyl Flooring
    Bed insert
    Blistein Shock absorbers
    BOSS bluetooth LCD Radio
    Platinum trucker CB antenna
    Midland 5001z CB Radio
    XO backup camera
    X-press Remote entry-alarm
    CUSTOM metal gas & brake pedal
    Highland fold-away bed cleats
    Race thermostat

Quote Originally Posted by Red Z71 Max View Post
    I must say I'm sorry for your misfortune. It very good that nobody was hurt or worse. We all love our trucks, but it really comes down to the fact that they are just a truck. It's a material think that can be fixed. That's why we all carry insurance. What can't be replaced is a life. I'm glad you made it through it so you can continue to be a active member with us here on GMTC!!!!!
    i do agree it can be fixed were as you cant bring back a life, its just very frustrating, and when its because people just cant pay attention.
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

Welcome to the new America with cell phones, iPads and the like to distract drivers.
    How old ws the driver? I bet pretty young!
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

Legend

Blog Entries

I tell my wife all the time that I am soo sick of drivers doing everything in their vehicles other than driving. It is down right ridiculous!! Smoking,drinking,eating,talking on phone, texting, putting on make-up, playing with stereo, watching a movie, reading and the list goes on. I wish people would just concentrate on the task at hand which is DRIVING when you are sharing the road with others. THANKS!!!!!!

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

the driver was 17 the occupants were 15 16 and 18....im talked to both insurance agencies yesterday im waiting to hear back from the other drivers, if they dont call me tomorrow i will call on thursday. ill try to take a picture tomorrow and post it, you can tell but at the same time its not to obvious. hopefully the insurance companies will handle everything smoothly, and in MN i get to choose the shop and parts, so no aftermarket stuff for me straight up OEM brand new stuff
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

Legend
    Blog Entries

Did it happen on the MN side or WI??? and accidents seemed to happen alot on the 2nd, and yesterday!! glad your alright man. but damn you and that truck are gonna have some history, and at this rate it will be completely new by the time you get to 2013! lol...
    Oh you did make sure to get the cops info (i know you are studying to be one etc but still just checking) since ive seen them dodge off rather quickly after accidents.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Red Z71 Max View Post
    I tell my wife all the time that I am soo sick of drivers doing everything in their vehicles other than driving. It is down right ridiculous!! Smoking,drinking,eating,talking on phone, texting, putt
    ing on make-up, playing with stereo, watching a movie, reading and the list goes on. I wish people would just concentrate on the task at hand which is DRIVING when you are sharing the road with others. THANKS!!!!!!
    As Hulk Hogan would say "Amen Brother"

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sgtsjj View Post
    the driver was 17 the occupants were 15 16 and 18....im talked to both insurance agencies yesterday im waiting to hear back from the other drivers, if they dont call me tomorrow i will call on thursday. ill try to take a picture tomorrow and post it, you can tell but at the same time its not to obvious. hopefully the insurance companies will handle everything smoothly, and in MN i get to choose the shop and parts, so no aftermarket stuff for me straight up OEM brand new stuff
    In most states the driver would be in violation of those new youth driver laws. Only family and an adult must be with them unless they are solo going to work or school.
    Not sure if that law applies in your area. But it is gradually taking over state by state.
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

I feel for ya and can understand what your going through.
    When my Tacoma was new in 99 I had 4 accidents in 18 months and none of them were my fault.
    The first happened 2 days after I bought the truck at a 3 way intersection a lady in a Mercury Villager plowed up under the rear of my truck, she told the police I backed up all the way across the intersection and hit her, they didnt even need to talk to the witnesses before they asked her "do you really wanna lie to us like that?" I cant say I didnt enjoy it when the officer said "sir even though your rear wheels are off the ground I think if you put it in 4wd you can pull forward" my rear reciever hitch tore the hood right off that car as I pulled forward, the horrified look on her face was priceless.
    The second and third were vehicles running red lights, both happened at the same intersection 3 months apart and the fourth was a hit and run in the parking lot of an auto parts store, I even heard the hit inside the store and made a comment to a friend with me "damn that was a hard hit someones gonna have some damage to their car" yea me!! Of course nobody saw a thing and my insurance had to payout.

Thank goodness you were insured.
    I had a similar situation in a Walmart lot. Of course Walmart has cameras right? Yup.
    But whe I asked to view them they said they can only show to police or management.
    So I called the police and explained. The one officer said it looked like a shopping cart and maybe that's why they wouldn't show me.
    They both came out with smiles on their faces.
    They informed me that it indeed was a shopping cart, but it wasn't a patron but walmarts cart gather. Not only did he ram my vehicle once but three times.
    Needless to say Walmart cut me a check for the repairs.
    Cameras are everywhere now a days. Just look around, you will be amazed who is watching you.
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast