GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by

That sucks that your truck got hit. I had 2 accidents in my Silverado - the first one was I backed into a Nissan Altima in the parking lot of my school when the driver followed so close behind me that I couldn't see her car out the back of my truck. The other was a Nissan Pathfinder that rear-ended me a few months later. The first left no damage and the second only left a couple of dents in the bumper that I didn't notice at the time, so I let that guy go. I ended up picking up a new bumper with a hitch receiver for less than the cost of the receiver, so that one worked out.

My Silverado had 315,000km on it, so my concern was always that if it was in any accident that caused damage to it, insurance would total it and never pay what it was worth to replace (I sold it for a decent price). With my Avalanche, as much as I love it, I'm not too worried about being hit by someone else - the mileage is low enough that it would take a lot to total it, and I found a shop here that does good work and does it quickly. If I go and hit someone or something though - knock on wood - then that's a different story since collision insurance is so ridiculously expensive.

Anyway, I hope the insurance companies get everything fixed up quickly on your truck.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

OK update so far, my truck goes into the shop on monday the nice thing about MN is i can choose which ever shop i want, and i can choose the parts, no after market for me. ill know more of what actually needs to be replaced when it goes in, also the guys insurance company is paying for me to have a rental while my truck is being fixed...ill let you guys know what i think of enterprise after the fact. ive never driven a rental so this will be a first for me.

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    Did it happen on the MN side or WI??? and accidents seemed to happen alot on the 2nd, and yesterday!! glad your alright man. but damn you and that truck are gonna have some history, and at this rate it will be completely new by the time you get to 2013! lol...
    Oh you did make sure to get the cops info (i know you are studying to be one etc but still just checking) since ive seen them dodge off rather quickly after accidents.
    it was in MN highway 53 right by collins collision and due north pizza etc, the intersection of lavaque and 53. yep the police wrote the report i got a copy of it and the other guy got a copy too, so there is nothing his insurance will be able to do but pay for it
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

You ever hear the term" drive it like you stole it" well now here is your chance.Enterprise has been good for me. Only problem is they rent very few trucks so if you use your truck you will feel the loss.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Quote Originally Posted by sgtsjj View Post
    the guys insurance company is paying for me to have a rental while my truck is being fixed...ill let you guys know what i think of enterprise after the fact. ive never driven a rental so this will be a first for me.[COLOR="Silver"]
    When ya go in the rental agency tell the guys at the counter "ya know the one good thing about a rental? Theres just some places you wouldnt even take a Humvee but you can take a rental to them"

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    When ya go in the rental agency tell the guys at the counter "ya know the one good thing about a rental? Theres just some places you wouldnt even take a Humvee but you can take a rental to them"
    i wasnt planning on telling them that but in my head i was gonna be asking myself i wonder how well the E-brake works, do you think if i told them that they'd still give me the car?

i wasnt planning on telling them that but in my head i was gonna be asking myself i wonder how well the E-brake works, do you think if i told them that they'd still give me the car?
    I was refused a rental one time in Key West after telling them we left our Humvees at home because they werent as good off-road as their rental vans.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    I was refused a rental one time in Key West after telling them we left our Humvees at home because they werent as good off-road as their rental vans.
    i would have loved to have seen their faces when you said that....im hoping it snows while i have it so i can go have fun in a few parking lots

Well if you get snow take video of your playtime so we can all share.
    On second thought maybe you shouldn't. Never know who is watching. Just have fun keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times. Lol

we might play hide and go seek and go F your self.....i dont know why we added that but its basicly tag mixed with hide and go seek using vehicles the passenger of the "it" vehicle has to physically touch one of the others playing....

i would have loved to have seen their faces when you said that....im hoping it snows while i have it so i can go have fun in a few parking lots
    The look on their faces was pretty good, what was even funnier was we had a 2 Star Admiral and staff with us, one of the staff weenies (O-4 LtCmdr) started to read me the riot act at the counter about the impression Military members leave on the public when the Admiral stepped up and said damn LtCmdr when they took your balls they took your funny bone with it? I bet your kids love when you come home, they probably ask mommy "whens your boyfriend coming back this guys a prick?" Even the customer service personnel stopped to stare at them, about 30 seconds later everybody who heard the comment started laughing, except for the LtCmdr who scurried off like a little mouse (and 6 mos later gave me the worst set of evals youve ever seen on an E-7 or above 5 tour war veteran, considering the LtCmdr had never seen a posting outside of the U.S.).

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by