GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Hybrid View

Default third accident in my truck yesterday.

I've had my truck for under two years and ive been in three "accidents" with it, ive never been in that many accidents with my other vehicles total...ok on to what happened. i was making a U-turn at an intersection that gave me the green arrow and a kid ran the red light and hit the front passenger corner of my truck, bounced off of me like i was a brick wall skidded across the right lane, shoulder, and down into the ditch and almost into the parking lot that was there. the kid was going pretty fast and had 3 other occupants in the vehicle with him. i was furious right away and thankfully my buddies house was right there and he came right out to calm me down and get on his radio to call the accident in (he's a volunteer fire fighter) which made it so the police responded quicker. No one was hurt which was good, but their car was pretty bad, and hopefully the driver learned to pay more attention when driving. Two of the passengers got out of the car right away and took off to the gas station that was about half a block away. when i left those to kids were still in the back of the squad car. I bet they learned that you do not leave the scene of an accident lol. my truck will need a new bumper and and a passenger wheel, it is still drivable, just ver frustrating...
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

Legend
    Blog Entries

Hey Sgt....
    That sucks dude! "hit the front passenger corner of my truck, bounced off of me like i was a brick wall " What condition is your truck in?? Any real damage to the front end? Well, maybe bad things happen in three's and now you will be accident free for a long time... Did you suffer whiplash or any sore muscles? Hope your okay..

2008 GMC ENVOY SLT
    GT RACERS Black Diamond Grille
    | PIAA Headlights| BEAMERS Pro HID Kit 6,000K Diamond White |
    3" LiftMeister Body Lift Kit
    |Skyjacker Suspension| MagnaFlow Exhaust w/tip |Hella Supertone Horns| Blacked out Body

"Silly Boys! Lifted Trucks are for Girls"
    "If you can't beat 'em, then your going to slow" :sign0081:

from the way the truck is handleing it doesnt seem like anything other than the bumper and wheel got damaged....i feel fine my truck didnt move much..the sound of the car hitting my truck i honestly thought and IED went off for a spilt second until i realized i had been hit. the vehicle is still drivable. i took a bit of the car with me, between the rim and the rubber of the tire its being removed tomorrow, the tire is holding air so im not to worried about it, but i dont want to pull it out myself just incase its holding in the air.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Glad that your doing okay. Well, I figured that the guys car got a alot more damage, if he went through the red light at full speed, and hit your beast of a Silverado..I am glad that no-one got hurt. Keep us posted if there is any damage to the vehicle.

thanks, i am glad no one was hurt too....and im glad i wasnt making a left turn not a U-turn, otherwise i would have been T-boned. so there is always the good with the bad. ill keep the updates coming when i get the estimates done

that bites dude. gota love idiot drivers.

hope ur ok, and the truck isnt to bad.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Sarge that does suck, glad to hear you are okay. But man I would have been furious also, people just dont pay attention when driving. Hopefully you can get everything fixed and then cross your fingers and hope there won't be a 4th accident
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Quote Originally Posted by sgtsjj View Post
    I've had my truck for under two years and ive been in three "accidents" with it, ive never been in that many accidents with my other vehicles total...ok on to what happened. i was making a U-turn at an intersection that gave me the green arrow and a kid ran the red light and hit the front passenger corner of my truck, bounced off of me like i was a brick wall skidded across the right lane, shoulder, and down into the ditch and almost into the parking lot that was there. the kid was going pretty fast and had 3 other occupants in the vehicle with him. i was furious right away and thankfully my buddies house was right there and he came right out to calm me down and get on his radio to call the accident in (he's a volunteer fire fighter) which made it so the police responded quicker. No one was hurt which was good, but their car was pretty bad, and hopefully the driver learned to pay more attention when driving. Two of the passengers got out of the car right away and took off to the gas station that was about half a block away. when i left those to kids were still in the back of the squad car. I bet they learned that you do not leave the scene of an accident lol. my truck will need a new bumper and and a passenger wheel, it is still drivable, just ver frustrating...
    Ugh. Just ugh...

Id be pissed too dude!!!
    2011 Silverado, ext cab, LT, Z71, 4X4, leather interior, color matched mirror caps & bowtie.

Legend

Blog Entries

I must say I'm sorry for your misfortune. It very good that nobody was hurt or worse. We all love our trucks, but it really comes down to the fact that they are just a truck. It's a material think that can be fixed. That's why we all carry insurance. What can't be replaced is a life. I'm glad you made it through it so you can continue to be a active member with us here on GMTC!!!!!

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by