GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Electric Transfer case

I have a 05' Suburban with 5.3 and having problems with 4x4 system again. I have no control of 4x4 system, it goes from 4lo to Neutral to 2high by itself just by shutting down truck & restarting or disconnecting battery.
    I also have 00' Tahoe with 5.3 with "service 4x4" light on, I have to use truck more to let you know whats going on with it exactly but there are no lights at switches.
    The problem is that my 90' Suburban has no issues with 4x4, but there are no switches!

Any help would be appreciated.
    Everyday I wake up is a great day! ;-)
    05' Chevy Suburban, 11' Ford Fiesta

Quote Originally Posted by ahm1127 View Post
    I have a 05' Suburban with 5.3 and having problems with 4x4 system again. I have no control of 4x4 system, it goes from 4lo to Neutral to 2high by itself just by shutting down truck & restarting or disconnecting battery.
    I also have 00' Tahoe with 5.3 with "service 4x4" light on, I have to use truck more to let you know whats going on with it exactly but there are no lights at switches.
    The problem is that my 90' Suburban has no issues with 4x4, but there are no switches!

Any help would be appreciated.
    This is not a technical support forum...your only going to get canned answers referring you to the dealer here. You need to post this to a technical help section....or maybe the mod will move it for you so that someone can offer some advice on your issue.

I know the "service 4x4" light has been fixed in 2001 years by replacing the 4x4 switch panel. I woould also check the fluid level in your transfer case.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Ok thanks, I didn't know that. I posted in forum already.

Thanks for the info about switch.
    I have been looking on here & found a few discussions, seems like a common thing since the 90's, I was wondering if GM was fixing these issues since there are so many! I don't know what they charge to see what bad parts they put in?
    Everyday I wake up is a great day! ;-)
    05' Chevy Suburban, 11' Ford Fiesta