GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Chevy RPO codes and remote start

So I have a question on my 2011 Silverado's RPO's. I bought it with the "all star" package which comes with AP8 (remote start capable). Well, I had the remote start installed (factory FOB's, PN 20868672, with reprogramming the ECM/BCM) which should have changed the RPO to AP3 (remote start installed).
    What I want to know is can I order the advanced 2 way remote (PN 19171129) and have it work with my truck (additional programming may be required, I know). The parts/service guys here are scratching their heads. To me it seems obvious, but I don't want to

19171129 2-way Advanced Remote Start
    Technology and a convenient display screen shows the vehicles current status (locked or remote-start engaged, for instance) and critical vehicle data, including tire air pressure, fuel level, odometer and theft alarm status. This fob offers greater operating range then the factory keyless entry system, and can control a second, ARSS-equipped vehicle.
    *2-Way Advanced Remote Start not for use on Crew and Extended Cab models with Manual Transmission (TZ0) and RR Sliding Window (A48) or Regular Cab models with Manual Transmission (TZ0) and RR Window Defog (C49). For Use on Vehicles with Remote Keyless Entry and Engine Start (AP3, BTV). (w/ RPO Code AP3, BTV, TB4, w/o RPO Code TZ0, A48, C49) Remote start package only includes one remote key fob.

Thoughts?
    11 Silverado Crew Cab
    04 Saturn Ion Redline supercharged swap to turbo

The 2 way FOB should be fine. I have no idea why the service folks are confused...I bet they dont sell alot of those due to cost....what did it run you to add the factory remote start?

My guess they need to brush up on their product knowledge.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

$250 for fobs and programming. Had I known the advanced fobs were an option I would have went that route. I was wondering if I had to replace the RCDLR as well as the fobs and programming.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

GM Accessories website says it's part number 17802087. But, said that they discontinued it and the last model year you can install it on is 2010. Not sure what changed between the model years, should still be able to program the BCM, but does it need an RCDLR and if so will it work with a 2011.