GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Mudflap Brainstorming.

I've already had duraflaps on my truck. Unfortunately they make this great beverage that gives you the best ideas. Long story short, I lost them in a ditch somewhere. Now I want to buy a set again but the only thing that holds me back is them possibly getting ripped off again while offroading. ( I do enjoy those beverages.) So I was wondering if any of you have any ideas that you have or maybe heard of or saw. Any thoughts,comments,ideas would be appreciated! Thanks.

P.S. Always designate a driver to get you from one mudding hole to the next!!
    Adam
    2004.5 CCSB Duramax
    Max Effort Tuning by Idaho Rob - Goerend Transmission - PCV ReRoute - EGR Blocked - Plugged Resonator - 5" Diamond Eye Turbo Back - Tie Rod Sleeves - All On Mod - Edge Insight CTS - Recon Taillights, Cab Lights, & 3rd Brake Light

Wouldn't it be great if we could get GMTRUCKCLUB mud flaps?
    Pavement sucks... :grrrrrr:

1994 K1500 4x4 Ext. Cab
    PCM chip and Xenon 8000k bulbs
    350cu.in bored over .050"
    balanced Crank, 10:1 compression
    Flat top pistons,cam,ported heads
    Option Racing Cold Air Intake
    Holley Throttle Body Spacer
    Accell Igition, 45kv coil
    FloTech Headers, no CATs, dual exhuast
    Goodyear Silent Armor A/T 305/70-16
    Pioneer SupertunerIII CD USB Bluetooth
    Kicker ZX200.2 ZX Amp
    Kicker Audio COMP 10" Subwoofer

Legend

Blog Entries

I have seen some nice ones made out of diamond plate aluminum.

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

Quote Originally Posted by Red Z71 Max View Post
    While those mudflaps do look sharp, my goal is to eliminate all chrome and stainless steel on my truck. Of course I could paint them but would they get bent in the deep stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by ejohnson03 View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if we could get GMTRUCKCLUB mud flaps?
    That would be pretty neat. Maybe this idea should be looked into!
    Adam
    2004.5 CCSB Duramax
    Max Effort Tuning by Idaho Rob - Goerend Transmission - PCV ReRoute - EGR Blocked - Plugged Resonator - 5" Diamond Eye Turbo Back - Tie Rod Sleeves - All On Mod - Edge Insight CTS - Recon Taillights, Cab Lights, & 3rd Brake Light

Quote Originally Posted by Red Z71 Max View Post
    If he's ripping off flexible mud flaps I can only imagine the damage he'll do with a set of fixed non-flexible flaps.
    Ever thought of removeable flaps? Of course after a few of those miracle drinks your fond of you may not remember to remove them in time and they would end up removing themselves, probably with some paint and other parts you'd be fond of.
    On my Rock Buggy I had a set that were attached to a rod with a fitting in the wheel well the rod slid into where I put a retaining pin to hold them on. We only used them when we were on paved roads, but since my Buggies not street legal anymore I took them off.

Thats what I was kind of thinking about non-flexible ones. But I'm thinking Ill have to fabricate something like what you had on your buggy because that would be awesome.
    Adam
    2004.5 CCSB Duramax

I actually just put on a nice set of thick rubber CAT mudflaps on very nice and durable not sure if your looking for something like that or not

Quote Originally Posted by roughcntryrado View Post
    I actually just put on a nice set of thick rubber CAT mudflaps on very nice and durable not sure if your looking for something like that or not
    Thats what duraflaps are. I'm having a problem to keep them from ripping off.
    Adam
    2004.5 CCSB Duramax