GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Tranny Cooler Line Leak

I have a 2007 GMC Sierra Classic Z-71 with a 5.3 liter. I have noticed a red spot on my driveway the last 2 out of three days. The 2 days that it left a spot on the driveway it was cold out today it didn't leave a spot, but it was about 65 degrees out today. I have tracked this leak to the cooler line that runs from the top of the radiator to the tranny cooler in front of the radiator. The line is leaking from where GM crimped the hard line to the 4 inch piece of rubber hose then back to the hard line. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it? I went to O'reilly's tonight and they don't sell that line, but the guy behind the counter says that alot of guys are just cutting off the factory crimps and just attaching rubber hose to the factory hard lines. That route sounds half assed to me. Does anyone know if I can buy a replacement line from anyone other than GM that would be cheaper or a better way to fix it?
    Mike :fighting0037:

2007 GMC Sierra Z-71
    2009 Chevrolet Malibu

You should be able to still go to GMC and order the original line from them. It'll probably cost in the neighborhood of $60-75, but it will fit perfect, be the right hose, and is the right way to do it.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

I bought this truck as a GM Certified vehicle with 30K, it now has 44K so I thought maybe being just out of warranty they might take care of it since they have taken care of things on our other vehicles when the warranty was within a few thousand of expiring. I went to the dealership and had the oil changed and talked to the service advisor and a tranny tech they both said that this is a normal thing and said replacing the line would be a waste of time as it would still leak. The parts guy at that dealership was too busy to look up the part and give me a price so I guess I need to go somewhere else and get this line. Has anyone else ever replaced this line and if so what is the difficulty level of this.