GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Diablo Intune PROBLEMS!! HELP

Did the initial install on vehicle, first question is which is better the 87 octane or Diablo intune?? My issue/ problem is I hooked to my laptop to update and it won't work, it makes me register it, and I did like 5 times but won't recognize and upload the program, any help please,,thanks???
    Mike (MA)-2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 Vortech V8 Ext. Cab LT Z71 Offroad Package- 20" Black XD Monsters wrapped with 285 Nitto Terra Graplers, K&N CAI, Custom Magnaflow Dual Out Exhaust, Diablo InTune Programmer, Rough Country 2" Leveling Kit, Black bow ties, Black nerf bars, GM Bed Liner, Tint,Blacked out tail lights, Tonneau cover, Kenwood Excelon In-Dash Nav
    [/IMG]

You'll likely need to hit Diablosport's web site, as the InTune is so new few are likely to have it, here... (I'd own one but they're not out for trucks older than 07, yet...)
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 01-07-2012 at 07:14 PM.

if you use 87/89 octane gas in the truck, then use the 87 octane tune...

if you use 91/92/93 octane gas in the truck, then use the Diablo Tune... will get more/better performance with higher octane gas and the Diablo Tune...

it won't recognize and upload WHAT program?? what program are you trying to run? are you talking about the tune itself - it won't install?? are you talking about the updater program?? what?

if the tune is not installing, what is it giving you for a message on the inTune screen - that your vehicle/calibration is not supported???

you need to go post this over on diablo's forums so they'll see it over there what your issue is...
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Ya its not recognizing the programmer itself, not allowing it to download to my laptop, I plan on calling diablo tommorow when they open

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Oh and more more thing, is it worth it to pay for 93 octane over 87 with the mods I have done to my truck?? I was always told that the higher octane gas is unnecessary, but would have no problem paying the extra for 93 if I'm gonna see gains, thanks for all your help
    Mike (MA)-2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 Vortech V8 Ext. Cab LT Z71 Offroad Package- 20" Black XD Monsters wrapped with 285 Nitto Terra Graplers, K&N CAI, Custom Magnaflow Dual Out Exhaust, Diablo InTune Programmer, Rough Country 2" Leveling Kit, Black bow ties, Black nerf bars, GM Bed Liner, Tint,Blacked out tail lights, Tonneau cover, Kenwood Excelon In-Dash Nav
    [/IMG]

it's not a MAC laptop is it? needs to be a Windows pc / laptop....
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

It's windows, a newer one too!! Never had an issue downloading any programs, so it was weird to me
    [/IMG]

make sure the Windows 7 UAC (user access control) is disabled on your user account.. and that your user account is an admin account... and when you connect it, it should still show up in Windows Explorer as a usb drive - so right click on intune.exe and go to compatibility and select Run as Admin... then, just manually double-click it to run it/open it up...
    06MonteSS

Quote Originally Posted by 06MonteSS View Post
    make sure the Windows 7 UAC (user access control) is disabled on your user account.. and that your user account is an admin account... and when you connect it, it should still show up in Windows Explorer as a usb drive - so right click on intune.exe and go to compatibility and select Run as Admin... then, just manually double-click it to run it/open it up...
    That what it says, I'm not the administer account?? How do I fix that, and yes it's windows 7
    [/IMG]