GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default 9 person seating in GMT400 Suburban? (or other years, for that matter)

Hey guys,

I have a '95 K1500 sub and it will fit 8 people including driver. However, I have been seeing on some websites that either this body or some of the newer ones will fit 9 people. Where exactly does the 9th person sit? Was there a folding seat in the cargo area?

If anyone has photos or some insights, I would really appreciate it!

The 9pass trucks don't have a center console between the front driver and passenger seats, making room for a 9th seat.
    -2001 Suburban 2500 LT 8.1
    -2000 Silverado 1500 LT Z71

Gone but not forgotten:
    -2007 TrailBlazer SS
    -2004 Cadillac CTS-V
    -1998 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
    -1989 Pontiac Formula WS6

Like Corso said 9pass trucks have front bench seats.
    This version is popular in fleet vehicles where the interior isnt as nice.
    In the Navy we had 9 and 13 passenger Suburbans, they put a side sitting seat for two on each side of the cargo compartment with a bench up front.
    Real uncomfortable seating in the back, especially if your taller.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Like Corso said 9pass trucks have front bench seats.
    This version is popular in fleet vehicles where the interior isnt as nice.
    In the Navy we had 9 and 13 passenger Suburbans, they put a side sitting seat for two on each side of the cargo compartment with a bench up front.
    Real uncomfortable seating in the back, especially if your taller.
    We had one at the old construction company I worked for that was a 13 passenger that would carry the whole crew and tow a trailer with all our tools/equipment. The rear seats in the back area were uncomfortable even for a short person (I'm only 5'7").
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Thanks for the response, guys. Does anyone have any photos showing a cargo seating or a front bench setup? I haven't come across one anywhere, except for aftermarket.

I think all the rear cargo seats are aftermarket, most times their put in by conversion companies.
    Pictures of the front bench seat seem to be just as elusive, I know their factory but they dont make it one of their known options.