GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Watch the news today, GM made an official statement they wont be attempting to increase their market share, they want to concentrate on being profitable, what this means to you and mea the present Chevy owners I dont know.
    But I would guess new technology will suffer, I suspect they'll be taking a long hard look at the product line and only the very profitable models will make the cut, speciality, and marginal sales modelsout the door.
    This could mean bad news for some of the hotrod Cameros and high end trucks, their profit margin isnt as good, the Volt may be affected to, but this is all a guess on my part.

personally i dont think they will cut volt since the huge amount of money it cost to develop it. also camero is a really good selling car at the moment and they wont cut any of the truck line because they are the most profitable vehicles they make.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Sr. Apprentice

Read an article the other day stating GM profit on vehicles was less than Ford and Ram. I think it was like 5.62 per cent while the other were 7 to 10 percent. Most likely means less model available instead of an almost unlimited selection. Two electric models have been dropped for 2012 by imports. The Volt has not been well received and they took dealer demonstrators and put them up for sale to increase the sales total.

well this is also because the ford and dodge trucks cost more money then chevy trucks do. even if you go all out with all same options, ive checked with build your own on all the sites.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Sounds like another bail out is in the future.
    They already dumped Olds and Pontiac, then Saturn. Other than Chevrolet they kept all the high end cars , Buicks and Cadillacs maybe the wealthy arent buying new cars right now and the poor cant afford to now.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    well this is also because the ford and dodge trucks cost more money then chevy trucks do. even if you go all out with all same options, ive checked with build your own on all the sites.
    Look at the lack of techology that they have added since the redo in 2007. It has been 5 years, so the cost to develop the GM trucks has more than paid off, and when they do a redesign (when is the key word) the prices will increase. Ford offers alot for your money, and dodge well, i just wont ever be buying another Chrysler product thanks to the massive rust issues my truck has amongst other things.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    The real answer is in the HP, torque, and MPG numbers, this is where people will look for their decisions. Remember what we classify as real trucks those old work horses from the 60's on up normally had around 260 to 300hp and 200ft lb torque for a small block V-8 and hardly ever over 375hp for a big block this truck beats those numbers by a long shot while getting better mileage.
    This really isnt an eco friendly issue from my perspective, its HP and torque, with numbers like that you can expect this truck to pull a 6500lb trailer and return decent mileage with a lower insurance rate because it's a V-6 . The game is changing, GM and Dodge had better have something equally impressive in the wings or they will suffer. You dont have to like Ford to realize their taking adavantage of technology and global issues to force a change in the way trucks are built. And in the end it reallly is better for all of us we benefit from the competition between the big three with better trucks.
    This x 2.

on the tech thing chevy announced that they were going to make 7" touch screens standard on all models except the very base ones like the wt and ls1 as well as bluetooth, powermat chargers and chevy mylink. they announced this a couple months ago. they also are working possible deal with verizon to use their 4G LTE in their mobile internet service similar to what the original onstar deal since onstar uses verizons cdma 3G network.

on the tech thing chevy announced that they were going to make 7" touch screens standard on all models except the very base ones like the wt and ls1 as well as bluetooth, powermat chargers and chevy mylink. they announced this a couple months ago. they also are working possible deal with verizon to use their 4G LTE in their mobile internet service similar to what the original onstar deal since onstar uses verizons cdma 3G network.
    Bluetooth, and Chevy Mylink are there already, my understanding is if you have the OnStar buttons you may already have Bluetooth capability but its not activated on all models. Verizon phones have always had the capability to work through the OnStar system sort of like Bluetooth but again you have to get it properly activated.

Legend
    Blog Entries

I was refering to engine technology, etc. Gm has been trailing their competitors for a long time. I dont get into all the tech, but well if i spend money on something you better believe i want it to help the resale.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast