GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Legend
    Blog Entries

Default *note* Are spark plug wires supposed to hold their shape when you remove them?

So as of late the weather here in MN has been beyond warm. I have been having a miss in my daily driver, a 2002 For taurus (lame and unexciting but well its reliable and good on gas) so i decided after doing some troubleshooting that a mild tune up was in order since the problem was to intermittent to diagnose. I pulled the plugs, and they were worn, but ok. Except the rear bank were basically brand new (seems someone thought they were a mechanic) so i popped in brand new plugs and bought new wires. Easy enough job, but all 6 of the wires were so hard and formed they stayed in the exact same shape that they were in on the motor. I laughed. dont people realize that after 150K miles the plus wires should be changed (should be less but you get the point) turns out the wires were 2002 OEM with 190K miles. so yep it isnt so bad that i took the time to change them..

Kinda my rant for the day and tip of the day. change tune up parts at recommended intervals. LOL.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Your supposed to do maint. on a car?

i thought cars just maintained themselves

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Legend
    Blog Entries

apparently that is what the previous owner thought... oh well that will teach me. HAHA

You mean the automotive maintenance fairy did not do his/her job? I would definitely file a complaint with that union. Dang Fairies
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    So as of late the weather here in MN has been beyond warm. I have been having a miss in my daily driver, a 2002 For taurus (lame and unexciting but well its reliable and good on gas) so i decided after doing some troubleshooting that a mild tune up was in order since the problem was to intermittent to diagnose. I pulled the plugs, and they were worn, but ok. Except the rear bank were basically brand new (seems someone thought they were a mechanic) so i popped in brand new plugs and bought new wires. Easy enough job, but all 6 of the wires were so hard and formed they stayed in the exact same shape that they were in on the motor. I laughed. dont people realize that after 150K miles the plus wires should be changed (should be less but you get the point) turns out the wires were 2002 OEM with 190K miles. so yep it isnt so bad that i took the time to change them..

Kinda my rant for the day and tip of the day. change tune up parts at recommended intervals. LOL.
    You don't REALLY have a prblem until your underwear does that.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dana W View Post
    I thought so LOL

Boxer or briefs?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dana W View Post
    If you're still wearing the same pair of underwear after 190,000 miles, you deserve a medal.....and maybe a new pair of grundies.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Always good to have clothes that stand on their own