GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Learned a lesson awhile back. To bad I had to learn it more than once! OE Plugs and wires only!

Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    I use the NGK iridium spark plugs. I read good results with them in the 5.3L engines, so I went with them and the truck runs smoother now than it did on factory plugs with 115,000km on them. They seem about comparable to the Delcos, but with what I would say is likely a lower price. I have stock wires for the time being, but they will be replaced over the summer because the boots didn't fair as well as I would have liked when I changed the plugs.

I also read a lot of bad reviews about the E3 plugs in Vortec engines after a few miles. They might be worth trying on different vehicles, but it seems like they should be avoided on GM trucks.

On my spitfire, I believe I gave it NGK platinum plugs. They work well for that old, low-performance engine
    The NGK's are/were the same as the AC Delcos. my stock plugs had Acdelco on one side of the plug and NGK on the other side. posted pics of it somewhere on this blog a while back. I like NGK's too. run them in my wifes car and my commuter
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12