GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This has been a really fascinating thread and I'm glad you started it. I'm looking into lifting mine, but a lot of the same concepts and concerns apply, so it helps. Thanks for posting, and I like the thought of the "reverse" level as I think of it. Good pictures too.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lowered.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	37618
    Can't really see from the pic but here it is with the lowering shackles installed. I measured 36.5" front and 39.5" rear from flat ground to bottom of the wheel well stock, and after install it is now sitting at 38" rear. So not exactly 2" difference in wheel well gap but from eye measurement the truck does indeed seem to be sitting perfectly level. Although I took my time and didn't rush to failure this "simple" one hour or less job took me well over 3 hours to complete. But I had a buddy also at the garage working on his truck that I lent a helping hand from time to time. Now I just need to get me some good "summer" rims and tires and I'll be good to go

2007 Silverado 1500 LT Ext Cab 4.8l, 2007 Suzuki XL-7, 2012 H-D Sportster "Seventy-Two"

Looks good.

Damn, we got some fine trucks on here don't you think? Nice pics to all. I have the 2" shackle drop in the rear also. Easy, cheap and no change in the ride, it just bottoms out in the rear a little easier.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Here is one more shot I took the other day with my phone. Although a crappy pic you get a better idea of the difference from stock rear height..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	38435

Well I really want to Put a 4/6 drop on my truck. But parts to do it right are going to run about $2,000 and that's just not in the budget this year. However these drop shackles are a cheap solution to acheive a level ride without go up. I will be doing this mod soon. and will be checking out the parts a s soon as I post this.Thanks guys for the info and pics. Trucks look great!

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123