GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default 92 exhaust questions

    okay so i have a 92 k1500 and im wanting to do a full exhaust from the manifolds back. whats the best material to use? and can i use the factory Y pipe and just cut it so it's two outlets?

  2. #2
    Sr. Engineer
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    11-22-boogie woogie avenue
    Posts
    308

    Default

    I would take it to a muffler shop ..explain what you want... Do you have a inspection in your state?
    Some will not pass dual exhaust.This means two cats ,two muffler ect.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dipstick View Post
    I would take it to a muffler shop ..explain what you want... Do you have a inspection in your state?
    Some will not pass dual exhaust.This means two cats ,two muffler ect.
    a street used vehicle cannot be modified like that by a shop, its against federal law and a $25,000 fine for them to remove the cat to do duals in that manner, off road use is a different story, does not matter if it is a non emission state as its federal epa rules, they can change it after the cat to duals but not before the cat. for a person to do it them themselves if they do get caught they can get a $10,000 fine, i had managed a midas muffler and you learn these rules really fast.
    my 88 sas "mudwasp"
    88 chevy k2500, started as reg cab lb, now reg cab shortbox, sas 17'' of lift, 52'' front springs f.i. bbc , 79 dana hp 60 chevy outers, 14bolt ff spooled divorced 205 and cut 40'' gumbos
    1998 k3500 gmc crew cab dually L65 6.5TD 4l80e with a couple of mods

    bouncing truck avatar creator

  4. #4
    Sr. Engineer
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    11-22-boogie woogie avenue
    Posts
    308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by outalne94z71 View Post
    a street used vehicle cannot be modified like that by a shop, its against federal law and a $25,000 fine for them to remove the cat to do duals in that manner, off road use is a different story, does not matter if it is a non emission state as its federal epa rules, they can change it after the cat to duals but not before the cat. for a person to do it them themselves if they do get caught they can get a $10,000 fine, i had managed a midas
    muffler and you learn these rules really fast.
    Yuup why i told him to take it to muffler shop...they will not believe me.

  5. #5

    Default

    well i'm going to put magnaflow cats on and some kind of muffler, but to be honest, i could give two ****s about the cops...and my inspection is a lick & stick job

  6. #6
    Sr. Engineer
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    11-22-boogie woogie avenue
    Posts
    308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooter71 View Post
    well i'm going to put magnaflow cats on and some kind of muffler, but to be honest, i could give two ****s about the cops...and my inspection is a lick & stick job
    Yeah boy wait till you get pulled over ...yes sir ..no sir... lol

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by outalne94z71 View Post
    a street used vehicle cannot be modified like that by a shop, its against federal law and a $25,000 fine for them to remove the cat to do duals in that manner, off road use is a different story, does not matter if it is a non emission state as its federal epa rules, they can change it after the cat to duals but not before the cat. for a person to do it them themselves if they do get caught they can get a $10,000 fine, i had managed a midas muffler and you learn these rules really fast.
    if your close enough to another state (ie im 15 mins from md and 25 mins from wv i live in pa) they dont have to abide by your states rules and regulations regarding emissions and inspection...find a hookup

  8. #8
    Master Mechanic Jimmeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Columbia Falls, Montana, United States
    Posts
    806
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robs1992chevywt View Post
    if your close enough to another state (ie im 15 mins from md and 25 mins from wv i live in pa) they dont have to abide by your states rules and regulations regarding emissions and inspection...find a hookup
    What he was referring to were FEDERAL EPA regulations, which EVERY state has to abide by.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.


    "The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Similar Threads

  1. Dual Exhaust Questions,Comments,Concerns
    By OneWheelWonder in forum Performance & Fuel
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 11:11 PM
  2. Exhaust questions...
    By jmckee6 in forum Performance & Fuel
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-05-2010, 02:40 PM
  3. header questions? and other exhaust intake and tune questions?
    By elkosp16 in forum Performance & Fuel
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 04:56 AM
  4. Whats this? Exhaust questions
    By Okimaw in forum Performance & Fuel
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 03:48 PM
  5. Dual exhaust questions
    By TrailFiend in forum Chevy Truck Accessories
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 12:18 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •