GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Fuel Mileage question...

New here,

I drive a 2005 3.5L Colorado Z85 and i average around 15 mpg. Is this average or do i have something wrong? My oil gets changed every 3,000 miles and there are no check engine lights on.

Also when sitting at a stoplight, i can feel a slight vibration, also my drivers side mear slightly vibrates going down the road, but my passenger mirror does not. Is this because of uneven tire wear? Or could something else be wrong? Maybe a misfire?

I know thats alot to ask of a first post, but i am a slightly concerned owner who doesnt have a vast knowledge of trucks.

Questions for you: How fast do you drive? Do you do a lot of start-stop rush hour driving or do you get long stretches where you can drive 60 MPH on the freeway with the cruize control on? You will lose about 30% of your MPG when you move from 60 MPH to 75 MPH for example. You also will lose 30% or more when you drive in heavy stop-and-go rush hour traffic for any length of time.

I live in the country, so i get a huge mixture of both. Alot of 60mph cruising, and alot of city driving when i go to work.

I avg. 18 mpg. with the 5.3L V8, so it sounds like yours should be better.

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Bump....im really looking for some help here guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Siman/OH View Post
    New here,

I drive a 2005 3.5L Colorado Z85 and i average around 15 mpg. Is this average or do i have something wrong? My oil gets changed every 3,000 miles and there are no check engine lights on.

Also when sitting at a stoplight, i can feel a slight vibration, also my drivers side mear slightly vibrates going down the road, but my passenger mirror does not. Is this because of uneven tire wear? Or could something else be wrong? Maybe a misfire?

I know thats alot to ask of a first post, but i am a slightly concerned owner who doesnt have a vast knowledge of trucks.
    What other maintenance have you done beyond changing the Oil and how many miles does your truck have??

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN