GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: break in?

Default break in?

I was browsing craigslist and found the exact truck that I want, but when I read through the ad it said the lock had been broken in a break in, and the stereo had been stolen. A broken lock and missing stereo don't really bother me, but I think this would mess up the electical, so I was wondering if anyone out there knows about electical and what problems the truck might have.

thanks--Shaggy

Legend

well depending on HOW they broke the lock you could have to replace all the rods as well, which I bet you couldnt just buy one from the dealership you would have to buy the entire set $$. Also some people tend to keep extra keys in their vehicle so i would find out FOR SURE if another key wasnt stolen too. and yes depending on the stereo, most theives arent gonna be nice about it, they will just yank the dash and cut what the need to so they can get out quick. so you could be looking at very expensive wiring harness replacement and possible dash replacement as well, I say stay away!
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

thanks man thats what I thought, but I didn't want to stay away from it if it wasn't a big deal

I would for sure go look at it.. I basically stole my 2000 Silverado 4x4 (1/2 what it was worth) because it had been hit in the rear and the frame was bent and broke. Bed wasn't messed up just the bumper which wasn't too bad, it's still on it. I pulled the bed off, jacked the frame straight and welded a few plates in where it needed. Took a few hours and it's as good as new or better. If you can buy it right go for it...