GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Question dash and counsel lights

has any one replaced the lights in the dash and counsel on a 1996 tahoe or any late 90's truck with LEDs. slowly the lights in my counsel have been dying out and i need to replace them. at the moment my gauges havnt gone out but they are fairly dim but most of the other lights on the counsel are out like the climate control and 4wd back lights and rear wiper back lights.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Legend

I know there is/was a write up on how to do it, there is alot of soldering involved if i remember correctly, i am sure you could find something on youtube as well
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    has any one replaced the lights in the dash and counsel on a 1996 tahoe or any late 90's truck with LEDs. slowly the lights in my counsel have been dying out and i need to replace them. at the moment my gauges havnt gone out but they are fairly dim but most of the other lights on the counsel are out like the climate control and 4wd back lights and rear wiper back lights.
    Search is your friend. I searched for the following key words: LED dash conversion
    This thread was among the results: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...ash+conversion

That's the thread pertaining to the gauges. 99-02 use twist-lock bulbs. 03-07 have to solder. I don't know on a 96 -- perhaps check with your local stealership's parts person to see if you can look at a dash diagram ... and hope it uses twist-locks. (I'd expect it to, but that's still just a guess.) The other option is, of course, to take the gauge cluster out and look. (That's a 7ish minute job, so it may be the quicker router.)

I'll leave it to you to search for the thread containing discussion (and even photos) of climate control LED replacement. There is one. Search is your friend!

thanks and ill call dealership and check my repair manual maybe it might have some diagrams. thanks for the help.