GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Cool 4wd truck performance

up here in ct it snowed/slushed last night and this morning i drove to school in 4wd hi. the truck felt a lot sportier in 4wd it accelerated better, braked much better, and drove like there wasnt an inch of slush on the ground. has any one else had this kind of feeling from their truck or these results.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

With the front tires pulling it will give it a different feel while driving for sure. It would making your steering touchy or tighter feeling and thats how it made it feel sporty. Of course 4 dub creates more grip so maybe thats why it seemed to have better acceleration.
    Adam
    2004.5 CCSB Duramax
    Max Effort Tuning by Idaho Rob - Goerend Transmission - PCV ReRoute - EGR Blocked - Plugged Resonator - 5" Diamond Eye Turbo Back - Tie Rod Sleeves - All On Mod - Edge Insight CTS - Recon Taillights, Cab Lights, & 3rd Brake Light

Legend

Blog Entries

There is nothing like blasting around in heavy snow in 4WD. It make your truck feel invincible. You have to be careful though, because it will handle great in snow and slush but 4wd on Black Ice will not help you. In fact I actually think it makes it worse to try and recover if you find yourself in that predicament!!!

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

Quote Originally Posted by Red Z71 Max View Post
    but 4wd on Black Ice will not help you. In fact I actually think it makes it worse to try and recover if you find yourself in that predicament!!!
    That predicament is scary because you keep over-correcting yourself! Been there before!! lol

deffentally love the invincibility feeling lol. and yah lucky it was in mid thirties not below freezing so no ice.

I always laugh when I see people in 4wd vehicles in ditches because they forget that 4wd may get you where you want to be ... but it doesn't help you stop any better. Don't let that be you!

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    I always laugh when I see people in 4wd vehicles in ditches because they forget that 4wd may get you where you want to be ... but it doesn't help you stop any better. Don't let that be you!
    I used to hook my winch up and pull those idiots out of bad situations. Of course I didnt charge most. Now if you blew by me then you were in th ditch up the road a piece I would stop and make sure you are alright then offer to tug you out for 50 bucks . when they wouldn't pay I just drove off.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    I used to hook my winch up and pull those idiots out of bad situations. Of course I didnt charge most. Now if you blew by me then you were in th ditch up the road a piece I would stop and make sure you are alright then offer to tug you out for 50 bucks . when they wouldn't pay I just drove off.
    Winches are expensive tools. In the unlikely event of local snow I'll be quite mercenary when it comes to stupid people, as that'll help pay for the cost of the tool in which I've invested. Those who have no interest in helping cover the cost of that tool can pay a towing company AND wait for a tow truck to arrive.