GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default bushwacker fender flares

I got my new fender flares in now i have to wait 3 to 4 weeks before the body shop can paint them.l am not in a hurry to get them painted but has anyone painted a set before?are they easy to do?

Welcome to GMTC.

I had a body shop do my 3" BW flares. I wasn't willing to do it, myself, as I wanted mine paint-matched to the metallic colour of my truck. The image, below, speaks for itself. If you got the ones intended to be painted you definitely should get them painted (even if just black w/ clear coat), as they'll turn greyish over time if you don't. I've seen that before on trucks and it looks BAD....

Blog Entries

Actually, even textured flares will eventually fade and turn gray.

I have painted other things on my truck other than the flares (because I don't have them....lol). Of course, white is easy to color match. If you can stay patient, I would just have them professionally painted to match if you have a different color. If you're painting them white or black, it's really not too hard to make it look good and last.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Welcome to GMTC!

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas