GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Mirror turn signals are nice. I'm changing mine to white LEDs.

Quote Originally Posted by ljmueller View Post
    Yep, Blackout is right. The truck signals are wired to the plug in the door, the plug on the mirror without turns just doesn't have that pin in the plug. That's how mine worked anyway. You should go with the tow mirror upgrade.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the tow mirror upgrade does NOT have the option/motor allowing one to fold the mirror housings inward with the push (and hold) of a button like the standard (electric) mirrors. I believe the tow mirrors must be folded in by hand/manually... If that's the case then someone who wants the option to electrically fold the mirrors in might NOT want the tow mirror upgrade.

Just a thought...

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zigger215 View Post
    Mirror turn signals are nice. I'm changing mine to white LEDs.
    Is that legal where you are? Most jurisdictions require turn signals to be amber or red, I believe... regardless of placement on the vehicle.

Legend

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=SurrealOne;433431]Correct me if I'm wrong, but the tow mirror upgrade does NOT have the option/motor allowing one to fold the mirror housings inward with the push (and hold) of a button like the standard (electric) mirrors. I believe the tow mirrors must be folded in by hand/manually... If that's the case then someone who wants the option to electrically fold the mirrors in might NOT want the tow mirror upgrade.

Just a thought...

[QUOTE=SurrealOne;433431]

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

There is an option to get the electric folding mirrors but at a minimum, you need to get your vehicle flashed. My comment is based in 2007+ NBS. Not sure about the others.

Last edited by mfleetwood; 01-23-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the tow mirror upgrade does NOT have the option/motor allowing one to fold the mirror housings inward with the push (and hold) of a button like the standard (electric) mirrors. I believe the tow mirrors must be folded in by hand/manually... If that's the case then someone who wants the option to electrically fold the mirrors in might NOT want the tow mirror upgrade.

Just a thought...

Is that legal where you are? Most jurisdictions require turn signals to be amber or red, I believe... regardless of placement on the vehicle.
    I live in Alaska, things like that aren't strictly enforced up here. It's less obvious then my window tint anyways. It gonna look sick!! Oh yea I have some more pics of some modifications I made this weekend to the system. I'll post them up soon. When I get to a real computer.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post

Just a thought...

You are correct. They are not capable of power fold. The memory options require the flash.

Legend

Blog Entries

---Correction to my above post: yes you are correct about the tow not coming in the power fold, they are only available non-tow versions. Sorry, I mis-read your statement. Thanks Blackout, as your post had me re-read this.

So I ended up breaking my factory passenger mirror with the blinker and power fold-in, is there a cheap place to by the replacement? It's just the mirror part that I broke.

I live in Alaska, things like that aren't strictly enforced up here. It's less obvious then my window tint anyways. It gonna look sick!! Oh yea I have some more pics of some modifications I made this weekend to the system. I'll post them up soon. When I get to a real computer.
    They really take their Moose serious up there however...if they find a dead moose shot out of season they go all out with the CSI....

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

So I ended up breaking my factory passenger mirror with the blinker and power fold-in, is there a cheap place to by the replacement? It's just the mirror part that I broke.
    I dont know for sure, but my guess is you will be buying the entire unit. You could call some local glass shops to see if they could make a replacement.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Legend

Blog Entries

Not sure which vehicle you have or year (or I would have provided the exact webpage for your ride), but here is who I purchased mine through. The name of the mirrors are Kool Vue and have heard (but do not know for a fact) that these are the brand GM uses as OEM replacements. In any case, my mirrors have treated me well and am very happy with them. And this website was the cheapest I could find them.

http://www.discountautomirrors.com/
    Last edited by mfleetwood; 01-24-2012 at 11:10 PM.

Found it thanks for the web address!!