GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Legend

Blog Entries

Default Turning signals in mirrors

I have a truck that is NOT equipped with turning signals in the side mirrors. I was wondering if I purchased new nirrors with the turn signals in them, will they work or is each truck equipped with a special wiring harness for various features??? My 09 had them and I kind of liked them My 11 doesn't and I was thinking about making the upgrade if its possible. Maybe Mike or one the other guys can answer my question!! Thanks

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

Blog Entries

I'm kind of interested in this as well. Of course, I don't have any power or accessory options so I think I will be a little more involved in it but am still curious on what it might take to do this mod.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

There is a good chance if your truck did not come equipped with turn signal mirrors your current mirror harness will NOT be equipped with that feature. Almost all aftermarket turn signal mirrors come with instructions on how to wire them into your existing wiring for the truck turn signals.

good Luck and post some pics when you get them installed!

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Legend

Blog Entries

I did find that I have the DL8 mirror package on my truck which is power/ heated mirrors. No turn signals or power folding. Just wondering if I getting mirrors with turning signals if they will flash or just plain old not work??

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,

Plug and play brother. They will indeed work. I did this with my tows I have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Z71 Max View Post
    I did find that I have the DL8 mirror package on my truck which is power/ heated mirrors. No turn signals or power folding. Just wondering if I getting mirrors with turning signals if they will flash or just plain old not work??
    If you get aftermarket mirrors with turn signal they will have instructions on how to connect the turn signals in the mirror. If you buy OEM it could still be done but require some additional ingenuity to make it work.

Shawn S

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout07 View Post
    Plug and play brother. They will indeed work. I did this with my tows I have now.
    Did you have the OEM turn signal mirror and upgraded to the tow mirrors?

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Maybe I wasn't clear. Plug them in and the signals will work. No extra wiring....no flash. This mod has been documented countless times on various forums. The signals in my tows work and I only had power/heat before with no signals.

Legend

Blog Entries

Thank you Blackout 07!!! You answered my question!!

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER

Sr. Mechanic

Yep, Blackout is right. The truck signals are wired to the plug in the door, the plug on the mirror without turns just doesn't have that pin in the plug. That's how mine worked anyway. You should go with the tow mirror upgrade.
    2008 Silverado LT 5.3, Rancho 4", 18x9 XD Addicts, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grappler m/t's, Westin brush guard, Go Rino steps, Truxedo lo pro cover, magnaflow, tow mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by ljmueller View Post
    Yep, Blackout is right. The truck signals are wired to the plug in the door, the plug on the mirror without turns just doesn't have that pin in the plug. That's how mine worked anyway. You should go with the tow mirror upgrade.
    Agreed. Tows would look good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast