GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I got Rhino Liner a week ago based on my buddy's experience. He had minor damage repaired under warranty. A 'newer' product formula was used for the repair .. the stuff is flat-out bulletproof! Cost on mine wasn't too bad either .. $425.
    - Ted -

2005 Silverado 1500 Z71 Ext. Cab w/272K

Sr. Apprentice

My spray in bed liner is getting chips, and it does not look good. Can a new liner be sprayed over the old liner? Or is there a way to remove the sprayed in bed liner

I don't know if they remove the old liner, but whatever is done is covered under warranty. When I was shopping, if there was no lifetime warranty, I dropped them from consideration no matter what the price was.
    - Ted -

2005 Silverado 1500 Z71 Ext. Cab w/272K

LINE-X Premium
    Unlike Rhino, LINE-X Premium holds its color and gloss. Also, LINE-X is WAY stronger than Rhino. Specifically, LINE-X has a 31% higher tear stength, a 53% higher tensile strength, and a 45 degree higher temperature tolerance. (I have the products' technical data sheets.)

I had a Rhino Liner in my 2003 Silverado, I abused the crap out of it using it for work and never had a single tear, or any problem.

When it comes to Line X I haven't heard anything but good reviews either. I think that you will be happy with either one you choose, but the Rhino Liner is the only one I can recomend from experience.
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

Think I'll be going with the line-x, but do you know how much it would be to color match?

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

they got some on ebay at a good price we sprayed a 84 with it its held up real nice.im fixin to paint my 67 with it green and black.let try to scrath that in a parking lot.

I did a lot of research before I did my 02 in 2003. I got samples from rhino and line-X. I was a bricklayer at the time and used a lot of chemicals like Xylene. I put the samples in a bucket of xylene for 4 days. When I scooped the samples out I found that the Line-x was still perfect, The rhino had become goop. I went with the line-x. If i spill a bucket of xylene on the rhino, I would not have a liner for long. It has been almost 10 years and it is still in great shape. I load it with brick and block all the time. One thing that I found out when doing my research was the rhino is sprayed in cold, while line-x is sprayed in hot. Line-X can be sprayed in thicker without dripping or running. Line-X has a lot finer finish compared to the rhino that my brother bought. (His has peeled multiple times in 8 years). It seems as if line x is a lot harder finish. I helped my brother unload a yard of dirt from his bed and my shovel kept getting jammed in the rhino, and I peeled a spot back. (with a flat shovel). Has never happened with the line x. Only thing about line x is you have to be careful loading furniture with wooden legs, you can actually grind the bottom off the legs sliding the furniture in and out.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by DannyT08 View Post
    i got a buddy that has grizzly grip in and on his truck its been through hell and back(im bout to buy some wit my tax return) but its a do it ur self kit come with everything and u can choose a color if u dont want black... its www.grizzlygrip.com comes wit pretty much everything u need check it out its pretty good stuff
    I just might get that and do some areas that get beat, before I do the bed. Does it leave roller marks, is it thick enough or do you have to do more coats.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

thats what we bought off ebay was line x we shot the whole truck.about six months ago still looks the same as the day we sprayed it.soon as i get the body work on the 67 done i am going to shoot it to.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

line x sprays on with a gun.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast