GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

I had my 11 linexed before it got out here, the little bit that I have hauled so far it has been fine. The finish is great, things dont slide around, its great!

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

I've had 2 trucks with the rhino liner and I can't complain about it one bit. I love the rhino liner. In fact my new truck that came with the plastic bed liner I am wanting to get the rhino liner. I have abused the liner in the past and it held up well.
    2012 Silver Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab LT 6.2L 400+hp, Hypertech, K&N CAI, tent, AVS
    2012 Black Harley Davidson Fat Bob 103 engine, Willie G
    2011 Silver Infiniti QX56, 400+hp
    2009 Lime Green Kawasaki KFX 450, Moose armor, GNCC
    2007 Red Polaris 500 X2
    2009 Lime Green Kawasaki Ninja 250
    PAST VEHICLES
    2009 Infiniti G37X, Stillen CAI, Magnaflow, 2007 Infiniti 370GT, 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z82 Crew Cab LTZ AMerican Luxury Coach conversion, Fabtech lift, 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ old body style, 2008 Nissan Armada, 2003 Yamaha YZFR1, 2007 Honda VTX 1800, 1993 Chevy S-10 over 350,000 miles on orig motor and trans

You can't buy LINE-X off of ebay, you can only get it at LINE-X dealers and you have to have special equipment (heat/high pressure) to apply it.

If you love Rhino, you'll go nuts over LINE-X.

Great thread guys. Been trying to decide myself, this helps

Former Member

Quote Originally Posted by trappinjohn View Post
    Great thread guys. Been trying to decide myself, this helps

Agree'd...it was informative.

I was set on buying Line-X, but will be setting up an appointment for RhinoLiner. The local Line-X dealer won't return my calls, so they lose out on the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by steved View Post
    Agree'd...it was informative.

I was set on buying Line-X, but will be setting up an appointment for RhinoLiner. The local Line-X dealer won't return my calls, so they lose out on the sale.
    You'll probably like the Rhino at first, but after about a year in the sun, you might be wishing you had gone with LINE-X Premium.

Former Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    You'll probably like the Rhino at first, but after about a year in the sun, you might be wishing you had gone with LINE-X Premium.

I have two choices...Rhino or nothing. Kinda hard to have Line-X installed if the dealer won't call me back don't you think??

I'm probably going for the rhino Hardline...

Yea, I totally understand.

There are LINE-X dealers in Pine Grove and Quakertown also. A bit of a drive, but not horrible.

I thought about it yesterday. My buddy had his bed rhino lined the week after I had mine line-Xed in 2002. I went and checked his out yesterday. His is peeling all over the place. I will take pics of it when I see him next. We both used our trucks for the same kind of work. Basically hauled the same things. Mine still looks good. His truck is a year older, So I don't know if corrosion played a role in his issue.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Former Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I thought about it yesterday. My buddy had his bed rhino lined the week after I had mine line-Xed in 2002. I went and checked his out yesterday. His is peeling all over the place. I will take pics of it when I see him next. We both used our trucks for the same kind of work. Basically hauled the same things. Mine still looks good. His truck is a year older, So I don't know if corrosion played a role in his issue.

Sounds like a prep or application issue?