GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: New Calibers

Hybrid View

Master Mechanic

Default New Calibers

Recently had to take the truck to the garage to get the brakes bled (bleeders were so bad, couldn't do it myself) and the bleeders themselves were replaced. It was recommended to replace the calibers. I know they are getting bad due to the fact I replaced the front brakes days before. Just wondering if anyone replaced their calibers, and if they are using OEM calibers or aftermarket/high performance ones.
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

I havent had to replace mine but would say aftermarket from a reputable brand.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Master Mechanic

Thats what I was thinking. Gonna have to wait a while though. College does a number on the budget

Man, putting oem ones that are higher quality won't be bad at all. For a 88-98 Chevy they're like 120 for a set of good ones. And that's the prices here in Alaska.

05 Silverado 1500 LS 5.3L.
    6" fabtech lift, 35x12.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers, 20x10 XD Monster wheels. MagnaFlow dual exhaust, AEM cold air intake, custom tune.
    35W 5K HID low,fog, 55W highs, Hi-6 Mod, black tail lights.
    Color matched front and rear bumper caps, fully debadged.
    5% tint all around, 35% full windshield with 10" 5% brow.
    7" pioneer touchscreen Double Din, 2 Rockford R1-12's under the seat with Rockford P300-1amp, Rockford prime speakers all around, LED interior Lights.

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by DanPruski View Post
    Man, putting oem ones that are higher quality won't be bad at all. For a 88-98 Chevy they're like 120 for a set of good ones. And that's the prices here in Alaska.
    Where did you see them at? Everything I see is a lot more expensive

Orielly's. That's the parts store I always go to. I'm fairly sure yours is the same rotors as my truck too. And usually Alaska charges more for everything

Master Mechanic

Brake calibers not rotors. I already have front slotted and will upgrade to the rear once they go bad but im looking for the calipers (alot more expensive)

i beleive most or all caliper's at all part stores are oe. Thats why they give you a core credit for your old ones. could be wrong though.
    "If it ain't one thing, it's a mother******g nother"