GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Christmas present to me...4 KC Slimlites :D

Ok guys soooo...for my birthday last September I got this KC light bar for my truck---->http://www.kchilites.com/accessories...-12-ton-silver it's powdercoated silver which is nice cuz it matches the paint on my truck pretty well. Anyway, on to the good stuff! I got a couple Amazon gift cards and some money for Christmas along with other things so I decided to get some lights for my light bar. I picked up 2 sets of 100w KC Slimlite Driving Lights-----> http://www.kchilites.com/lights/slim...-driving-black and 2 weeks ago, 2 friends and I installed the light bar and the lights. Took us about 3 hours total, working at a very relaxed pace (and stopping a few times for drinks and to warm up inside lol, it was about 20F in my garage, and we couldn't close the garage door cuz my truck won't fit completely in the garage and give us enough room to work comfortably) from unboxing the lights, to installing the lights, running the wires, aiming the lights and going for a test drive. Here's a few pics, I'll prob add more this weekend, let me know what y'all think.

Right after the install

Better pic, and I moved my plate. You can see in the previous pic that the light bar blocks the plate. Didn't want to deal w/ the 5-0 giving me crap for an obscured license plate.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Those look nice. Do you have to cover them? I know some states require lights like the Highlites to be covered.

looks B.A. dude.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Looks great
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    Those look nice. Do you have to cover them? I know some states require lights like the Highlites to be covered.
    I never have the covers on lol. I haven't had any problems with the police yet for having the lights uncovered. Thanks all!

A little late but as promised, more pics!

Side view of the lights and the light bar, I was surprised at how slim they were.

Switches mounted under the dash next to the bass knob for my amplifier.

Wiring

I have a lot of wires...and many relays

they look very cool! i want to do something like that too! good job!
    Mike - SoCal

07 Sierra 1500HD
    Ultra Mammoth Wheels 17x8
    Nitto Terra Grapplers - 305/70/17
    Line-X Bedliner and Wheel Wells
    NFab Nerf bars
    CST 4" Spindle lift

08 Hybrid Tahoe - wifey's ride
    McGaughy's 2/3 drop kit
    22x9.5 Tyfun Wheels
    Nexen Roadians 285/45/22

Quote Originally Posted by mad1500hd View Post
    they look very cool! i want to do something like that too! good job!
    I would definitely recommend it. It's a little pricey for all the lights and the lightbar but I got most of the components as gifts so it wasn't too bad. I drive on a lot of darker roads and we have a lot of deer around where I live. All I have to say is thank God for these lights, I've seen deer hiding out in the woods on the sides of the road way before I even get close to them. A great investment if you ask me haha.

Legend

Blog Entries

It looks great. the only thing I would change is mount the license plate lower. Maybe find a frame and mount it with that. Other than that the lights are really nice!!!!

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

Blog Entries

Damnit! Now I am torn between a brush guard or this light bar. Why do you have to have an almost identical truck to mine with almost identical tastes as mine? Bastard....
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by