GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You know the biggest selling hook I had was the fact that for 50 cents to a dollar a strap they would put your company name all over the strap. So when those other drivers of your competition steal your straps they kinda say their guilty of theft everytime they use them. The company name is stitched right in the strap. I had one company report that theft of their straps decreased 80% once their order got to them and straps were issued. If you run flat eds they have drop in ratchets as well
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Last edited by SurrealOne; 01-20-2012 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    I havent sen this one before and it looks cool. How much use have you got on them and how do you like them?
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    I havent sen this one before and it looks cool. How much use have you got on them and how do you like them?
    I bought them in October and have used them only for light duty (moving wood furniture), so far. The strap self-winds into the rubber ball. The rubber ball is nice because it doesn't mar your truck's finish if it touches something or is pulled across it. The ratchet+hooks+ball take up a bit more space than a self-winding/retractable ratchet strap when tossed in a bag or bin but these were relatively inexpensive compared to self-winders I've seen, before. I'm happy with them, so far.

My bed has tie down rings at each corner, so I run my straps the length of the bed (kinda over my fenderwells) Keeps them neat and organized and out of the way but very accessible..

2007 Silverado 1500 LT Ext Cab 4.8l, 2007 Suzuki XL-7, 2012 H-D Sportster "Seventy-Two"

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    I bought them in October and have used them only for light duty (moving wood furniture), so far. The strap self-winds into the rubber ball. The rubber ball is nice because it doesn't mar your truck's finish if it touches something or is pulled across it. The ratchet+hooks+ball take up a bit more space than a self-winding/retractable ratchet strap when tossed in a bag or bin but these were relatively inexpensive compared to self-winders I've seen, before. I'm happy with them, so far.
    These are really neat - never seen them before, but it looks like someone put some thought into them. How much they run for and where can you get them?

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MoBillyAla View Post
    My bed has tie down rings at each corner, so I run my straps the length of the bed (kinda over my fenderwells) Keeps them neat and organized and out of the way but very accessible..
    Is your bed covered or are the straps out in the open? Never thought of doing this - simple but effective.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    Contact Ancra. They have some very good products
    s
    Never heard of them before...but I will check them out for sure. THanks!

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 747 View Post
    I have 1 heavier duty ratchet strap rolled up and I keep it in the storage area under the front middle seat. I also keep 10 feet of rope and 3 bungee cords in there.

I did your survey. Its cool that other people actually think about this kinda stuff...
    Thanks for your reply...and taking the survey!
    Jakers725
    2003 Chevy s-10
    Wausau, WI

Quote Originally Posted by Jakers725 View Post
    These are really neat - never seen them before, but it looks like someone put some thought into them. How much they run for and where can you get them?
    My local Walmart had them for $19.88+tax per pair. If you can't get them at your local Wally World you can likely order them online and do the in-store pickup bit: http://www.walmart.com/ip/SmartStrap...-Pack/14493275

Blog Entries

I just get the super cheap straps from the Depot of Homes and put them in a small carry around tool box I have after I roll them up which is tucked under the seat of my pickup. I hardly strap anything anymore now that I don't do construction, so I will be saving a lot of money on straps!
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Quote Originally Posted by Jakers725 View Post
    Is your bed covered or are the straps out in the open? Never thought of doing this - simple but effective.
    I have a soft tonneau so they are out of the elements.. also I have a Line-X spray in bed cover but the little hoops/rings are part of the bed. The guys didn't spray over them so they work out perfectly.If I remember correctly the rings are on the sides and not the bed floor...

2007 Silverado 1500 LT Ext Cab 4.8l, 2007 Suzuki XL-7, 2012 H-D Sportster "Seventy-Two"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12