GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default leveling kit or lower?

Alright guys i got a question but first off my signature say i have a leveling kit but it was on there for plans for the very near future. I saw on another forum where someone had the 5 inch rcx lift and put a 2 inch lowering strut spacer instead of a leveling kit. I really like it because it filled in the wheel well a lot more in the back. Or should i just go with a rough country leveling kit to level it? I need some opinion! thanks!!!!
    ----2010 Chevy Silverado-5 inch roughcountry lift--2 inch roughcountry leveling kit--18 inch KMC XD Monsters--33 inch Nitto Trail Grapplers--magnaflow exhaust system-- 12 inch mtx subs--1000 watt kenwood amp--custom subthump box---memphis street edge door speakers-- kenwood radio-- 15% tint----

I really need some opinions on this!!! help hah
    ----2010 Chevy Silverado-5 inch roughcountry lift--2 inch roughcountry leveling kit--18 inch KMC XD Monsters--33 inch Nitto Trail Grapplers--magnaflow exhaust system-- 12 inch mtx subs--1000 watt kenwood amp--custom subthump box---memphis street edge door speakers-- kenwood radio-- 15% tint----

I personally never like to mix lift and leveling kits, the parts arent designed to work with each other and you never know what stresses your putting on the suspension, then you start getting weird handling characteristics and odd wear patterns, just a recipe for disaster.
    Stick with the Rough country leveling kit.

Rough country makes the 2 inch lowering strut spacer.

It sounds like you're confused. They don't make a "lowering" strut spacer. It sounds like you saw a thread where someone added a 2" leveling kit that mounts under the strut, which is sometimes referred to as a lower mounted spacer as opposed to one that mounts on top of the strut. Guys on GMFS do this all the time to lift the front a little higher in combination with their suspension lifts.

yea it was GMFS i just looked at it again and i did read it wrong. heres the link http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/show...=237827&page=3 But talked to a local lift/4x4 truck shop and they said they could lower it the rear some I really dont know all the technical stuff. I really want to try to fill in the wheel well more because 33s on my just dont fill it up enough for me.

Well if you just want to lower the rear, that's easy. Just get smaller blocks.