GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default F Raptor Grille on Sierra 1500?

Eeeey guys,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01_ford_raptor.jpg 
Views:	820 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	33775

Is it possible to make a grille (or get one made) like the one above and have it say "Sierra" instead of "Ford"? If so, does anyone know where I can go to get one made or something?

I absolutely LOVE these grilles and I would do anything to have one!

Thanks peeps!
    The FonZ
    '08 GMC SIERRA 1500 5.3L V8

5K HID|Oracle Halo's|LEDs All Around|Two 12" Apline Subs|Four6.5" Alpine door Speakers|Camo'd Emblm|FlwMstr 40 TD|De-Badged

Anythings possible, the question is how much are you willing to pay for it.
    With the new lazor cutting and billet turning tools out today the only problem would be finding a shop willing to takle the job.
    If you can dream it, it can be made.

Agree with Tim.

Somebody can probably do it. Problem is finding them and how much. Definately agree that it would be a good looking grill. Look for custom fabrication shops and bring up the idea. if they cant do it they may better know someone with the capabilities.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fonze View Post
    Eeeey guys,

Name:	01_ford_raptor.jpg 
Views:	820 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	33775

Is it possible to make a grille (or get one made) like the one above and have it say "Sierra" instead of "Ford"? If so, does anyone know where I can go to get one made or something?

I absolutely LOVE these grilles and I would do anything to have one!

Thanks peeps!
    The FonZ
    I'd own one of these, too, if made. Since it's not, I replaced the ugly plastic red/black GMC logo with a chromed metal one and it looks MUCH better.

I'm still working on how to get the horizontal OEM plastic bars out of there, as my billet grille is a bolt-over and I hate the look of the plastic bars behind it. I'll be removing the grille this weekend to consider fabrication options since I want to keep my logo (and that's what forces me to use a bolt-over grille).

Name:	Truck_Final_Front.jpg 
Views:	715 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	33798
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 01-20-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Anythings possible, the question is how much are you willing to pay for it.
    With the new lazor cutting and billet turning tools out today the only problem would be finding a shop willing to takle the job.
    If you can dream it, it can be made.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    Agree with Tim.

Somebody can probably do it. Problem is finding them and how much. Definately agree that it would be a good looking grill. Look for custom fabrication shops and bring up the idea. if they cant do it they may better know someone with the capabilities.
    Well, I'm hoping it won't be over at least $600. But, I know it'll be maybe about $1,000 or so :(. I already know a local shop that I believe can do it. They are very big and well known around here and they make some GORGIOUS cars. Thier Camaros are insane!

I'm going to call them today to see if they'd quote me for it. I'll reply back with the news.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    I'd own one of these, too, if made. Since it's not, I replaced the ugly plastic red/black GMC logo with a chromed metal one and it looks MUCH better.

I'm still working on how to get the horizontal OEM plastic bars out of there, as my billet grille is a bolt-over and I hate the look of the plastic bars behind it. I'll be removing the grille this weekend to consider fabrication options since I want to keep my logo (and that's what forces me to use a bolt-over grille).

Name:	Truck_Final_Front.jpg 
Views:	715 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	33798
    Yea man, that chrome emblem looks sweet! I replaced mines too but with all black and it looks meh. Lmao, I wish I would've went with a black with chrome trim or something because it just blends in and looks OK. I'll live with it for now. Lol

But yea, I'll reply back once I call.

Thanks for the replies guys!

5K HID|Oracle Halo's|LEDs All Around|Two 12" Apline Subs|Four6.5" Alpine door Speakers|Camo'd Emblm|FlwMstr 40 TD|De-Badged

Quote Originally Posted by Fonze View Post
    I'm going to call them today to see if they'd quote me for it. I'll reply back with the news.

Yea man, that chrome emblem looks sweet! I replaced mines too but with all black and it looks meh. Lmao, I wish I would've went with a black with chrome trim or something because it just blends in and looks OK. I'll live with it for now. Lol
    Maybe there's a discount if there's 2 of them (one for your 08 NNBS and one for my 04 NBS)? I'd likely order a black background and chrome lettering made to replace the ugly black oem bars (while maintaining the skeleton those bars) if the price were right. Throw it out there when you call?

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Maybe there's a discount if there's 2 of them (one for your 08 NNBS and one for my 04 NBS)? I'd likely order a black background and chrome lettering made to replace the ugly black oem bars (while maintaining the skeleton those bars) if the price were right. Throw it out there when you call?
    Lol will do man. I'll reply back soon. I'm calling them in a sec.

After the call:

Well I called them and they do NOT make custome grilles :( :(.

I guess I need to look now. MAN, I was all excited too!! LOL

I'll update back if I find anyone that would do it.
    Last edited by Fonze; 01-20-2012 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Called Combel's Customs AND ......

Do a search for "custom machining" or "machine work" something like that on google.
    I used to have a website of a company in Ca. that had software you could download and then it would help you design a part, it had 3 D capability and gave lots of tips on how to design your part, after you got your part designed you submitted it to the company and a rep would call you back and double check your figures then they would machine the part for you.
    I used them to make a set of Billet control links for my Rock Buggy and they were cheaper than anyone locally. The work was quality stuff and has held up to abuse for 7 years now.

I was bored... is this what you're after?

Name:	sierragrille.jpg 
Views:	601 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	33820

1999 Chevy K2500 Suburban 350
    K&N, reworked cai, Thrush cat-backs
    Vinyl, cranks, floor shift, and rear air!

Quote Originally Posted by KidHauler View Post
    I was bored... is this what you're after?

Name:	sierragrille.jpg 
Views:	601 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	33820
    Fonze likely is. I'd need it on 2004 (NBS) Sierra with black mesh background and chrome lettering. Also needs more horizontals, I think... but dang that looks good.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast