GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Heater issue.....pita

ok so i have a 1992 Chevy 1500 W/t 4.3v6. No a/c unit from factory. Problem is my heat stopped working it blew a fuse. replaced fuse it was fine for a week. since then i replaced the blower motor. blower resistor. fan switch. fuse. Ive tested blower motor and it works i did a volt check at the blower motor and when turning the switch...fan speed 0-0V fan speed 1,2 and 3-10.xV. i Would try to replace the blower motor or switch relay but i have no idea where it is. i know where it is located on the heat/ac trucks but not the w/t no a/c PLEASE HELP i cannot continue to drive it this winter with no heat for the 3rd year in a row

you said you replaced the blower motor alrerady and have tested it, why replace it again?
    and is it just the fan not blowing hot air or is it blowing cold air?
    the blower motor is on the passenger side against the firewall under a black cover, the relay should be under the dash near the passenger side as well

05 Silverado 1500 LS 5.3L.
    6" fabtech lift, 35x12.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers, 20x10 XD Monster wheels. MagnaFlow dual exhaust, AEM cold air intake, custom tune.
    35W 5K HID low,fog, 55W highs, Hi-6 Mod, black tail lights.
    Color matched front and rear bumper caps, fully debadged.
    5% tint all around, 35% full windshield with 10" 5% brow.
    7" pioneer touchscreen Double Din, 2 Rockford R1-12's under the seat with Rockford P300-1amp, Rockford prime speakers all around, LED interior Lights.

im not replacing the blower motor again i just didnt know if i got a bad one so i threw a jumper to it and it works fine and i dont know where the relay is i know the a/c equipped trucks have a "relay pack" 3 relays behind the glovebox ontop of the airbox infront of the resistor and to the left of the ecm. its not blowing air at all thats the issue and i cannot find the relay(s) anywhere if i had a diagram itd be so easy but i cannot locate a diagram

http://www.gmpartseast.com/Page_Prod...=53C&Year=1992

Here's a link to a diagram I can find.
    The blower relay seems to be in the same location, weather or not you have the (c60) a/c option or not. Under the dash, pass side.

i looked again but still nothing there arent any wires going behind the airbox or ontop or anything. Does anybody know what the two relays are under the dash on the drivers side next to the kick panel...almost behind the pedals.....a picture of the relay location would be awsome if anyone knows the blower relay location

i will go out and look at my truck in the morning to tell you exactly where the relay is at, my offroad truck has the non a/c setup, i am pretty sure it still was on top of the heater box but it has been a while since i wrenched in there, relays on the driverside are for blinkers and brake lights and the door chime
    my 88 sas "mudwasp"
    88 chevy k2500, started as reg cab lb, now reg cab shortbox, sas 17'' of lift, 52'' front springs f.i. bbc , 79 dana hp 60 chevy outers, 14bolt ff spooled divorced 205 and cut 40'' gumbos
    1998 k3500 gmc crew cab dually L65 6.5TD 4l80e with a couple of mods

bouncing truck avatar creator

The issue might be as simple as the whole heater switch. It's real common for them to wear out and stop working just like a headlight switch or something. Can check that just to see if theres power coming out of it, to the blower motor, if there's no power at the blower motor then the switch is bad

i tested voltage at the blower motor and with the 3 speed fan switch at 0 i had 0 volts....at 1 i had 10.xx volts....2 and 3 were the same as 1 i replaced the switch and it was bad (BWD imagine that) now i have a brand new AC delco switch

here is a photo of my airbox near the ecu

[IMG][/IMG]
    SORRY ABOUT THE DUST IT WAS ORIGINALLY MY FATHERS WORKTRUCK HE IS A MASON/CONTRACTOR....BTW ITS GOT 303K MI AND STILL RUNS
    Last edited by robs1992chevywt; 01-22-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Does it work at the blower motor now?

does what work....i have voltage but it doesnt vary thats why im assuming the blower relay is bad i just cannot locate it

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by