GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Weekend Plans?

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    I still have 1.5 more bathrooms, master bedroom, upstairs hallway and stairs, dining room, and a kitchen to remodel so it might be a while before I'm done.
    I started remodeling last spring, I'm trying to do a room a month, some rooms unfortunately take longer.
    So far I've done the livingroom: wood floor, stripped/stain woodwork, replaster walls, new paint, all natural wood trim, remortared fireplace bricks, new lighting/ceiling fan, tiled entryway steps.
    Turned the formal diningroom into a game room/bar: wood floor, plaster, paint, strip/stain woodwork, natural wood trim, new lighting, custom built-in dart board, tiled entryway steps, took out 1 wall and added a set of french doors to the patio.
    Remodeled the downstairs hallway: ripped up the old tile and put in new tile, plaster, paint, strip/stain woodwork, natural wood trim, new lighting.
    2 spare bedrooms: wood floors, natural wood trim, strip/stain woodwork, plaster, paint, new lighting/ceiling fans, added built in wood shelves, custom murals on the walls by my wife.
    Office: wood floor, natural wood trim, strip/stain woodwork, plaster, paint, lighting/ceiling fan, built in wood shelves.
    1 guest bath: tile floor, tile shower/tub enclosure, added tiled bench, tile counter and backsplash with custom floating bowl sink and waterfall fawcett, plaster, paint, new lighting.
    I'm doing all the work myself so it's taking a little time to complete.
    I'll probably have to enlist help for a few things I plan on doing like taking out one wall of my bedroom and adding french doors and a deck above the patio (I normally wouldnt have a problem with this but it's a load bearing wall on the second floor), cutting down a stairwell wall and installing wrought iron rails, and granite counter tops ( I simply dont have a clue at how to correctly install granite counter tops)
    We looked at new houses last spring and couldnt find anything we liked so we decided to turn our house into something we'd like.
    Wow that is one big As.. Honey dew list. Sounds like there is plenty to do. Good idea on the granite as it is temperamental as well as expensive. I have installed 3 in my lifetime, only because a contract called for it. Tile and Marble was what the company was know for,
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

    "If He asks you to go a mile go two"

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    Good thing you sent pics we were all a little jealous thinking you were loading real bikes, Yamaha, Honda, etc. You know the ones with motors.
    Who needs a motor when you can be in shape and have just as much fun.

    Happy birthday too!

    2010 OEM 20" Wheels
    Color-matched mirror covers and emblem
    20% tinted windows - 6" eyebrow
    Black rear fender-wells
    Completely debadged and demolded
    Duramax airbox replacement w/ K&N filter
    2" Rear drop shackle
    Tailgate light bar
    Flowmaster Delta 50 w/ double tip exits
    Blue footwell lighting
    12" Pioneer Sub (custom downfire box) 850W amp
    Full LED interior

  3. #13

    Default

    @tbplus10, you may want to look at concrete counter tops, done right they look amazing. helped a buddy put one in his house a while back, and it really looked nice. alot cheaper then granite as well as being something just a bit different.

    Alex


    2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

    Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

  4. #14
    Sr. Engineer marko54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    N.E. wisconsin
    Posts
    375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    I still have 1.5 more bathrooms, master bedroom, upstairs hallway and stairs, dining room, and a kitchen to remodel so it might be a while before I'm done.
    I started remodeling last spring, I'm trying to do a room a month, some rooms unfortunately take longer.
    So far I've done the livingroom: wood floor, stripped/stain woodwork, replaster walls, new paint, all natural wood trim, remortared fireplace bricks, new lighting/ceiling fan, tiled entryway steps.
    Turned the formal diningroom into a game room/bar: wood floor, plaster, paint, strip/stain woodwork, natural wood trim, new lighting, custom built-in dart board, tiled entryway steps, took out 1 wall and added a set of french doors to the patio.
    Remodeled the downstairs hallway: ripped up the old tile and put in new tile, plaster, paint, strip/stain woodwork, natural wood trim, new lighting.
    2 spare bedrooms: wood floors, natural wood trim, strip/stain woodwork, plaster, paint, new lighting/ceiling fans, added built in wood shelves, custom murals on the walls by my wife.
    Office: wood floor, natural wood trim, strip/stain woodwork, plaster, paint, lighting/ceiling fan, built in wood shelves.
    1 guest bath: tile floor, tile shower/tub enclosure, added tiled bench, tile counter and backsplash with custom floating bowl sink and waterfall fawcett, plaster, paint, new lighting.
    I'm doing all the work myself so it's taking a little time to complete.
    I'll probably have to enlist help for a few things I plan on doing like taking out one wall of my bedroom and adding french doors and a deck above the patio (I normally wouldnt have a problem with this but it's a load bearing wall on the second floor), cutting down a stairwell wall and installing wrought iron rails, and granite counter tops ( I simply dont have a clue at how to correctly install granite counter tops)
    We looked at new houses last spring and couldnt find anything we liked so we decided to turn our house into something we'd like.

    Have you considered Silestone countertops? (Quartz) After completely gutting and re-doing the kitchen, i wanted granite but really didnt see any slabs i liked. we went to home depot and picked out a color that would work with our cabinets. However install needs to be done by a Pro. Silestone is super durable.
    2007 Suburban 2500 Edge evolution CS leveled 265 goodyear Silent Armor Pro Grade Kenwood DNX6180 Nav.Radio





    OH Goody, another Pickem up truck dripping with Chrome Crap!

  5. #15

    Default

    I've looked at both Concrete and Silestone countertops, and if it was my choice I'd go Silestone, but I have an annoying voice babbling in my ear that has made it known SHE wants Granite countertops, and since I'll only do the kitchen one time I'm gonna do it her way, I'd better get some damn good meals cooked out of it when it's done though!!
    Yea we've been looking at granite slabs for almost a year to find one she likes, I figured even if I wasnt ready to do the kitchen yet if I found the "right" slab I'd buy it now. I was warned previously about the difficulties of finding the "right" slab, my brothers a Plumber/Granite counter top installer and he's told me horror stories of people not happy with grain and colors after the installation.
    My brother is planning on taking a vacation from Las Vegas to Texas when I'm ready to start the job so he can help me, but at ths point that parts still in the future a little while, got other rooms to finish first and $$ to save up since this remodel is an all cash job since I dont want to be paying on it the rest of my life.

  6. #16

    Default

    well im working all weekend, and gotta do some home work and depending on how today turns out i may give in and start chewing again....
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

    "when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

  7. #17
    Sr. Engineer marko54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    N.E. wisconsin
    Posts
    375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    I've looked at both Concrete and Silestone countertops, and if it was my choice I'd go Silestone, but I have an annoying voice babbling in my ear that has made it known SHE wants Granite countertops, and since I'll only do the kitchen one time I'm gonna do it her way, I'd better get some damn good meals cooked out of it when it's done though!!Yea we've been looking at granite slabs for almost a year to find one she likes, I figured even if I wasnt ready to do the kitchen yet if I found the "right" slab I'd buy it now. I was warned previously about the difficulties of finding the "right" slab, my brothers a Plumber/Granite counter top installer and he's told me horror stories of people not happy with grain and colors after the installation.My brother is planning on taking a vacation from Las Vegas to Texas when I'm ready to start the job so he can help me, but at ths point that parts still in the future a little while, got other rooms to finish first and $$ to save up since this remodel is an all cash job since I dont want to be paying on it the rest of my life.
    Has she seen the new Silestone colors yet? She may do a 180 and want silestone.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marko54 View Post
    Has she seen the new Silestone colors yet? She may do a 180 and want silestone.
    Yea, her mother and sister talked her into Granite and they, being the experts they are on all things, told her it's the best and what she wants so she should settle for nothing less.
    Of course thats also probably because they both overpaid for Granite counter tops in their homes and both complain about them now but dont want to admit they made a poor choice.
    I'm done fighting the issue, I hope all the problems I've heard about Granite do happen, then she'll have to live with it like it is because I wont replace them. I'll replace her first!!

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheez View Post
    Who needs a motor when you can be in shape and have just as much fun.

    Happy birthday too!
    Shhh! Not so loud

  10. #20
    Sr. Engineer marko54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    N.E. wisconsin
    Posts
    375

    Default

    [QUOTE and watch San Fran beat the Giants at the same bowling alley.[/QUOTE]

    Time to repair your crystal Ball.

Similar Threads

  1. Weekend Projects or Plans?
    By ChevyFan in forum The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last: 09-17-2011, 03:22 PM
  2. What are your plans for Labor Day?...the last long weekend of Summer
    By mfleetwood in forum The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last: 09-02-2011, 04:30 PM
  3. Whats everybodies plans for memorial day weekend?
    By 383man in forum Sports & Outdoors
    Replies: 5
    Last: 05-18-2011, 05:53 PM
  4. Memorial Day in USA - Plans?
    By ChevyFan in forum The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last: 05-31-2010, 01:05 PM
  5. Labor Day Weekend Plans???
    By ChevyFan in forum The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last: 09-03-2008, 09:49 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •