GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Center Console

Master Mechanic

Default Center Console

I know a lot of you guys like the center jump seat but I can't stand it. The lid is broken (and $100 for a replacement lid is bull) and never use it due to the fact its wayyyyy too crowded. I know it's possible to but the center console in, and was wondering if anyone did it (or anyone has their old one hanging around)
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

Blog Entries

I'm confused....are you trying to put a full length center console in or are you just wanting to swap to another jump seat style? If you don't have a floor shifter for your 4WD, you shouldn't have an issue with a full length other than not having arm rests in your seat and the console being LOOOOOOOOW! If you are just wanting to take it out and put a new one in, it's four bolts on the bottom to just take the seat out (or you can remove the whole assembly by removing the lower bolts off of the drivers and passenger seats to take everything including the cup holder). It's a big PITA because there isn't much room to work and they put loc tite on the bolts (or at least they did on mine) but it's doable.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Master Mechanic

Im wanting to put the full length in. My father's 04 Tahoe has it in and I like it so much more than my pos jump seat. The spring loaded lid was just a horrible idea imo.

Blog Entries

Like I said, the only hang up you'll have is a lack of arm rests on your current seats, or if you have a floor mounted transfer case shifter instead of the electronic shifter mounted on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. The full length came with seats with built in arm rests due to the lower position of the console. Pretty sure the console bolts in at the same lower locations as the center jump seat brackets, and four screw bolts to the lower part of the dash.

Master Mechanic

Yeah my 4wd is just the electronic push buttons, no worries there. I drove my fathers tahoe (with center console) and i never use the arm rests due to the fact i usually only drive with my right arm. I no it uses the same bolt holes and all that I was just wondering if anyone else has done it or did the reverse swap
    Last edited by KyleZ71; 01-21-2012 at 10:00 PM.