GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default I almost had a HUGEEEEEE accident.

Ok guys, i feel like driving late at night alot, so what ill do is ill hop in my silverado and maybe drive around the block. I love driving. I mainly do it because down the street these is a school park with a dirt rut thats on a small incline that people use as a shortcut into an alley way, and ofcourse, cars drive up it alot so its nothing serious, but still fun because its a small 3 second off road sesh. lol but anyways, i did that, drove 20 seconds back home, and i prepared to back into the driveway, which ive done atleast 60 times. I like backing in because i love using my new backup camera. So im backing in, i look though the mirror, make sure i wont back into the gas meters or the gas pylon, it looks like im clear, so i back in, next thing you know, **SCREECH*** **METAL ON METAL** . my first words "OH SHI*, OH FU**, i dont immediately get out, im flipping out, so i try to calmly pull forward, more ***SCREECH**** ERRGGG*** so i finally professionally back in, i get out, expecting the worse on my bumper as well as the gas meter... so i run to the back of the truck, look at the bumper, i see nothing? i use my phone as a light, all i see is a tiny scuff on the plastidip, on the very bottom on the bumper, where it scapped it when i backed over it, i run over to the gas meter, where i see nothing on it? only a tiny scuff, my truck was barely high enough off the ground to barely scuff my plasti dipped bumper, if my truck was atleast 1cm lower i wouldve been f***ed. That was about the time i was thanking God for high-off-the-ground (lol) trucks. Well thats the last time i back in without double checking. If i wouldve hit that, it wouldve caused a major fire. So that was the highlight of my day, im still a little shaken
    1994 Silverado Z71 1500 4x4
    BF Goodrich 31in All-Terrain Tires
    Painted frame-arms-axle
    Blazer Fog lights
    Removed front splash guard
    Tow hook Chains
    Locking gas cap
    REFLEXXION Rear bumper (Painted black)
    Diamond metal bed caps & Truck Box
    Painted engine bay
    Vinyl Flooring
    Bed insert
    Blistein Shock absorbers
    BOSS bluetooth LCD Radio
    Platinum trucker CB antenna
    Midland 5001z CB Radio
    XO backup camera
    X-press Remote entry-alarm
    CUSTOM metal gas & brake pedal
    Highland fold-away bed cleats
    Race thermostat

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRejects View Post
    Ok guys, i feel like driving late at night alot, so what ill do is ill hop in my silverado and maybe drive around the block. I love driving. I mainly do it because down the street these is a school park with a dirt rut thats on a small incline that people use as a shortcut into an alley way, and ofcourse, cars drive up it alot so its nothing serious, but still fun because its a small 3 second off road sesh. lol but anyways, i did that, drove 20 seconds back home, and i prepared to back into the driveway, which ive done atleast 60 times. I like backing in because i love using my new backup camera. So im backing in, i look though the mirror, make sure i wont back into the gas meters or the gas pylon, it looks like im clear, so i back in, next thing you know, **SCREECH*** **METAL ON METAL** . my first words "OH SHI*, OH FU**, i dont immediately get out, im flipping out, so i try to calmly pull forward, more ***SCREECH**** ERRGGG*** so i finally professionally back in, i get out, expecting the worse on my bumper as well as the gas meter... so i run to the back of the truck, look at the bumper, i see nothing? i use my phone as a light, all i see is a tiny scuff on the plastidip, on the very bottom on the bumper, where it scapped it when i backed over it, i run over to the gas meter, where i see nothing on it? only a tiny scuff, my truck was barely high enough off the ground to barely scuff my plasti dipped bumper, if my truck was atleast 1cm lower i wouldve been f***ed. That was about the time i was thanking God for high-off-the-ground (lol) trucks. Well thats the last time i back in without double checking. If i wouldve hit that, it wouldve caused a major fire. So that was the highlight of my day, im still a little shaken

This is what we call a "CHARMIN" moment
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Hahah

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    This is what we call a "CHARMIN" moment
    Nice one coach!!! Im remembering that.

Dude thats a crazy story, Im glad it worked out alright!
    2011 Silverado, ext cab, LT, Z71, 4X4, leather interior, color matched mirror caps & bowtie.

That coulda been el terrible

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

That would cause anyone to PUCKER!
    Finally a signature and Avatar! I also posted some pics in the Gallery.
    2011 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Z71 6Liter.
    2011 Outback Travel Trailer 260FL
    So Happy to not be on the edge of GVWR Over Load!!

Legend

Blog Entries

Glad you made it through it uninjured!!!!

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com