GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Old auctioned police CVs are every where here. The are stripped but many have spot lights and even push bumpers still on them. The thugs love em.

Quote Originally Posted by GMCErica View Post
    Well, I guess Canadian Law are much stricter and tougher when it comes to "impersonating a Police Officer/Law Enforcement Officer". I never said that he couldn't own a former law enforcement vehicle, where in my post did I say that?? I said that most are sold at auction, and stripped of the police package, which speaks for it's self what it is intended for. There are lots of reasons those laws are in affect, to protect the public and Officers from people that "impersonate Officers", etc.. I advised him to speak with his local states' law enforcement, that is the proper advise to tell someone. and why does he want or need to be driving around with a "police package" vehicle?? Because it is cool?? If you want to drive a Police Vehicle so bad, go and join the force...
    Your post seemed to indicate that mere possession of such a vehicle is against the law. That is clearly not the case here. Not sure why you are so defensive.

As for the reasons for owning a police package? Many people like to put brush guards, driving lights on their trucks. My friend has a former Forest Ranger Tahoe that has such a setup. Also police packages often have upgraded suspensions, heavy duty transmissions and yes, usually larger motors.

Yes, many of these vehicles are removed of their light bars and sirens, which they should be. Otherwise, there are many practical reasons to want a police package vehicle.

Criminal law here is based on intent. And impersonating an officer is based on your actions, not a vehicle type with accessories. If there were any violations it would be a traffic infraction for illegal vehicle equipment which may vary from state\local jurisdictions. With that said, I doubt any jurisdiction here has such an overzealous charge for impersonating an officer for just owning a vehicle with a brush bar, or a spotlight.

I used to upfit cop cars, and a buddy had an old troop car. We've come to the conclusion that traffic sucks. The cars are pretty fast, with tight suspension; but they're a pain to drive.

What's the first thing you do when you look in the mirror and see a 'cop car'? That's right - slow down. So there you are, in a fast, tight, car that you bought for nothin', and everyone goes 5mph slower around you. I may or may not have taken some liberties with the street paint in the still-serviceable cars, but my buddy only lasted about a year with his super-fast road block.

1999 Chevy K2500 Suburban 350
    K&N, reworked cai, Thrush cat-backs
    Vinyl, cranks, floor shift, and rear air!

Well my post seems to have cuased quite a stir. Thank you all for your replies.

Erica, it's my perogative to want such a vehicle, because it is cool, and I like them. That's all the reason I need. But I do appreciate your input. Kraziken, thanks very much for your input as well you certainly put things in perspective and highlighted many of the reasons I'm looking for a police package. Thank you FrigginNoodles (awesome name) for highlighting my intentions when I wasn't around to do it for myself. And KidHauler, that's a pretty funny story, and something I hadn't thought of, so thanks to you as well. Blackout, thanks for the lead, I'm going to look for a truck in Texas now, although I'm certainly not a thug. Ok, think I got everybody!

Till the next time someone finds a reason to flame me on a forum,
    MPA

Legend
    Blog Entries

MPA... just a small word of advice because your new here to the site; when you post a thread like that, and there are over 400,000 members in this club, lots are police, officers, military etc.. and lots are opinionated, and have tons of knowledge of the law and stuff like that, you are definitely going to get a wide variety of posts and responses..If you cant handle the responses then don't post topics like that. We are all here to offer advice, help and be here for each other, you must have at least known that if you post something like that, people are going to wanna be opinionated.. And next time you wanna call people out on a thread or the site, probably not a good idea... Thats how you make enemies with people who are just trying to offer their knowledge and advice...
    Till next time you find a reason to post a response like that!!

2008 GMC ENVOY SLT
    GT RACERS Black Diamond Grille
    | PIAA Headlights| BEAMERS Pro HID Kit 6,000K Diamond White |
    3" LiftMeister Body Lift Kit
    |Skyjacker Suspension| MagnaFlow Exhaust w/tip |Hella Supertone Horns| Blacked out Body

"Silly Boys! Lifted Trucks are for Girls"
    "If you can't beat 'em, then your going to slow" :sign0081:

Wow...lots of drama over such a simple subject.

2008 Ext. Cab Silverado LT1 5.3L 2WD
    APC LED Tail Lights | Spec D Smoked Third LED Brake Light | aFe Magnum Force Stage 2 CAI

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Wow...lots of drama over such a simple subject.

Seriously, dude.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

What is going on here? Erica, I said Thanks, and that I appreciated your input. All helpful info is great, but you have bad attitude and continue to poke. The way you write makes it look as if you're talking Down to people from your pedestal, and from the looks of things I'm not be the only one who thinks so. That's why I "write responses like that" and will "call out" whomever I please as long as they deserve it. So "If you can't handle being called out then don't post snobby replies". I don't know who you are but I don't like your attitude or the way you talk to people, so I couldn't care less if I'm not on your "buddy list". I mean come on, I'm here for truck info. Do you think I'm even remotely interested in an internet forum p***ing match..... So just get off my back and go someplace else.

I'm not speaking to you again. That's not what I'm here for. I'm not ruining my name for you.

Thread was over. Someone inserted more kindling. LOL.

Good luck in car shopping.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12