GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2004 Silverado vibration

Hey

I have a 2004 silverado and it just started viberating. It only does it when on the throttle between 25 and 45 mph. any idea would be great.

Thanks

Legend

Blog Entries

Hi Chris - Did you recently hit a curb, change tires (or one of them), do front end work, etc.? Any additional background/info would be helpful.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

all i have done is replace the brakes on the rear. it strarted during a hunting trip with lots of mud but I washed it for over an hour thinking there was some mud stuck somewhere but it didnt make any differnce.

Legend

Blog Entries

That's odd. Even though it doesn't sound like you did anything that would have caused the alignment change, my gut still says to have the alignment checked anyway. You could have hit a rock or root that was buried in the mud. However, let's see what others say, as someone may have the answer for sure.

yea i probably should have the alingment checked thanks for the quick response!

Jr. Apprentice

try checking any mud build up on the inside of rims that could throw the wheel balance off

This happens to me occasionally after wheeling. I end up getting mud on the inside of the wheels and in the front rotor vents. I just take the front tires off and clean the rims and spray out the rotor vents, problem solved. I hope this helps.
    2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab
    8in ProComp Suspension Lift, 4in Shackle Flip Kit, 3in Performance Products Body Lift, 17x9 Moto Metal wheels, 35x12.50x17 ProComp Xterrains, K&N cold air intake kit, Custom 3in exhaust, GoRhrino Black spring loaded steps, Truxedo Bed Cover, "SS" style Instrument Cluster with blue pointers and Trans Temp Gauge, JVC indash touchscreen DVD player, 2 MTX 10in subwoofers, Sony Xplode 1000watt amp, Radio Shack CB with dual black whips, Optima yellow top battery