GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Mud flaps question?

Hey guys i just ordered some mud flaps for my truck and i dont think they are drilless flaps? what is the best way to mount them on? thanks!!!
    Last edited by BigrRed18; 01-23-2012 at 03:38 PM.
    ----2010 Chevy Silverado-5 inch roughcountry lift--2 inch roughcountry leveling kit--18 inch KMC XD Monsters--33 inch Nitto Trail Grapplers--magnaflow exhaust system-- 12 inch mtx subs--1000 watt kenwood amp--custom subthump box---memphis street edge door speakers-- kenwood radio-- 15% tint----

Legend

Blog Entries

Those flaps will match your truck nicely. I took a look at their manufacturer's website and these appear to be ones that you either have to drill or use self-threading screws, which is probably the best way to mount them. Over many different vehicles and several sets of mudflaps, I've always screwed them directly to the metal and have never lost one; which actually now that I think about it is pretty fortunate, since I off-road quite a bit.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Sorry that i took that link off but it linked to part of my ebay account and didnt want to take the risk. found the site though im hoping it comes with instructions or atleast some screws! haha werent to cheap so hope so! I just hate the thought of drilling into my truck! you are saying you drill the screws in before making the whole correct?

Legend

Blog Entries

No worries, I went to the website "provendesignproducts.com" anyway, as the main sites may contain more info than someone offering it up on ebay. I used a center punch first to place a small dent exactly where I wanted to drill the hole and then drilled. Even if they come with self-threading screws, I'd recommend drilling a hole first, as the self-threading screws tend to drift before they catch.