GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

No worries, I've had my (more than my share) of breakins. Cops say it's all the meth out there now, tons of people need to score quick cash for their fix ... plus lots of scum that just don't want to work either. Hope they catch them.
    Quote Originally Posted by rileyjr16 View Post
    who broke into my truck and stole my pistol in Albany last night. I hope you find yourself in a drug deal turned shoot out and the pistol you stole from me jams and you are shot multiple times in the azz or face or both.

TPSO has my serial #, model # and description of it and of the nice weapon light I put on there and I hope they catch you and kick you in the testicles if you even have any you piece of crap.

PS, you missed a pretty expensive Browning BELGIAN AUTO 5 in the back seat and a nice GPS unit...oh and you missed the spare key to the whole truck in the center conole where you took my pistol from.

Probably not the place to put it but I just gotta get it out...sorry Steve.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Riley, you need to invent a special switch that when a gun is stolen you prees a button and it blows up. Or red dye type thing like banks do with bacgs of mmoney

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Riley, we need to get a red dye thing to blow up on these jerks that rip off others, I lost a complete Dan Wesson 357 outfit and the insurance gave me enough to buy one barrel.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

that sucks dude. sorry to hear that.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by rileyjr16 View Post
    Yeah I live in a small community that really never has crime so I never really locked my truck but this one is an eye opener. Thinking about offering to buy my cousin's old duty Glock today as I would like to have the security especially for when I have to go to Baton Rouge or into War Orleans...I mean New Orleans sometime this week.

Bought it for 300$ and put a 75$ weapons light, a hi cap mag, and the 14 hollow points adds up to about 450$ being stolen. I'm a bit more settled down but I hate a thief...thats like one of the lowest things someone can do in my mind.
    If you are not responsible enough to lock your doors, you should not have a weapon in your vehicle period. I get so tired of hearing people say "but we have no crime", so I don't lock my doors. Everyone everywhere has crime. Especially the communities where the people are naive enough not to even lock their vehicles. Might upset you, but I don't care. That weapon is now in the wrong hands and may hurt an innocent person.

05 1500, 4x4, 5.3, trailer package, G80.

Custom backup camera and double din dvd

I totally understand your anger bro. Sorry to hear about the break in, and the lost handgun.
    2011 Silverado, ext cab, LT, Z71, 4X4, leather interior, color matched mirror caps & bowtie.

Quote Originally Posted by gear_head View Post
    If you are not responsible enough to lock your doors, you should not have a weapon in your vehicle period. I get so tired of hearing people say "but we have no crime", so I don't lock my doors. Everyone everywhere has crime. Especially the communities where the people are naive enough not to even lock their vehicles. Might upset you, but I don't care. That weapon is now in the wrong hands and may hurt an innocent person.
    Yeah I understand. Its something I could have prevented. I actually do think I went to lock it but may have mistakenly hit the unlock button.

I'll call Monday for the police report. I'm seeking a replacement either Glock, or Springfield Armory or maybe even the same model since I have 3 spare 14rd mags, 2 holsters and 150 rounds left over. Good thing about them Sigmas is they are cheap but built like a tank IMO. Weapon light and adapter will have to wait though.

Oh I like the marker dye idea...I was thinking more like C4. A thief is right there on my most hated list which includes drunk drivers, and murderers.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phoebeisis View Post
    St Amant still pretty rural small town?? This happened in Albany??-Albany -Louisiana?? or NY?? Never heard of Albany Louisiana??
    I grew up-50's-60's downriver from you in Gramercy-doubt we locked car doors back then, but I'm sure they do now.

Thieves suck-and yes we have plenty of thieves in metro NOLA.
    I live in Jefferson Parish- River Ridge- about 4 miles upriver from NOLA. No way would I not lock the door-
    even then they will smash your window and steal anything they can.
    I keep reminding my son to not leave his bookbag in sight-thieves will think it is a computer and smash the freakin window.

When I was a kid-heading back from swim meets in Plaquemine(city not parish) we would always stop at Lamberts-a gas station diner near Sorrento on Airline hy- to get milkshakes-they had great milkshakes-loved those milkshakes-probably not 15 miles from you-guess it is long gone now??
    Charlie
    PS Thieves suck- maybe it will blow up.
    Glad they didn't get the Belgium Browning- heck I would be tempted by that myself!! (just kidding)
    Lambert's is closed yes but the building is still there...I live about 3 minutes from there on 431. Albany, La is about 5 miles west of Hammond and thats where it got stolen from. St Amant is starting to become a bit more crowded and more and more cars are passing by each month. My sister's ex something broke into my house in September and got my computer, camera, and about 600$...then he broke into his mom's house and made off with her tv, cash, computer, and camera...he's back in prison for the next 10 years and he'd better stay there.

But yes that Browning is probably worth 4-5x more than my pistol was.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Get a concealed pemit next time and always take it with you. Never know when you just miht be able to save someoneelse sgun by shooting a thief , only to find your gun tucked in the pants pocket of his cold dead body

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Lamberts gone-shame.
    So Sorrento lost that small town feel.
    Meth is a big deal in rural Louisiana, now
    Funny in metro NOLA many many kids take prescribed Dexedrine- in surprisingly high doses(I sub teach in Jefferson Parish). Mainly white kids-probably 10% of the white males in some public schools-maybe the same in catholic schools/private schools
    I wonder if the ADHD "epidemic" which started 40 years ago -has anything to do with the current meth epidemic?
    It took forever for Louisiana to become "meth friendly"-the west coast and Midwest of all places- has had a meth problem for 20 years.
    Charlie
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Quote Originally Posted by phoebeisis View Post
    Lamberts gone-shame.
    So Sorrento lost that small town feel.
    Meth is a big deal in rural Louisiana, now
    Funny in metro NOLA many many kids take prescribed Dexedrine- in surprisingly high doses(I sub teach in Jefferson Parish). Mainly white kids-probably 10% of the white males in some public schools-maybe the same in catholic schools/private schools
    I wonder if the ADHD "epidemic" which started 40 years ago -has anything to do with the current meth epidemic?
    It took forever for Louisiana to become "meth friendly"-the west coast and Midwest of all places- has had a meth problem for 20 years.
    Charlie
    Yeah meth is getting to be the fix drug of choice in Livingston and it seems more and more people are getting hooked on prescrip meds. Won't never find me doing that crap.

There is some kinda furniture little knick knack store in Lambert's now. Its been a few things in the past 5 years but no one can really get their business up. That gas station next to it got a makeover though. I say take Lambert's and turn it back into what it really is, a family oriented diner and fix that sign.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    Get a concealed pemit next time and always take it with you. Never know when you just miht be able to save someoneelse sgun by shooting a thief , only to find your gun tucked in the pants pocket of his cold dead body
    Gotta be 21 to have a CCP which I will be applying for in 339 days; day after 21st birthday.

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Yeah "white man's cocaine" not sure why white folks seem to prefer meth- but seems that way.
    It is even worse than crack-I'm guessing it is a cheaper high-more hours high for your $$-so you can destroy yourself for less $$.
    Turns young people old in a couple of years-rough drug!

I guess the interstate killed Lamberts- bet it started in the 30's 40's when folks started traveling-then the interstate connected NOLA and BR-about 1973-and killed all the little businesses on Airline HY that catered to travelers.Maybe it could make a go of it now- if the economy improves. Crummy economy means folks don't eat out-I don't even eat fast food when we travel-just stock the ice chest with bread,apples ,oranges chocolate milk , milk, instant coffee, ham, cheese mustard butter peanut butter and hit the road- I wouldn't mind a nice diner-milkshake hamburger etc
    Charlie