GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    X2 on working with Lew....quality and fast!

Now Lew, can I get that discount on the Trinity?
    hahahaha!!
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

x3 on working with Lew...

So I am still learning about programers, and saw the diablo stuff but still don't understand what in-tune is? apparently I can't used in on a 2000, so I would need to go with the trinity.... Is it like an iphone app or something?

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    So I am still learning about programers, and saw the diablo stuff but still don't understand what in-tune is? apparently I can't used in on a 2000, so I would need to go with the trinity.... Is it like an iphone app or something?
    no, no iphone apps or any phone apps... they are handheld programmers...

the inTune programmer looks just like this: http://diablosport.com/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=201

and the Trinity is this: http://diablosport.com/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=151

and correct, the inTune does not support your 2000 truck at this point, so you would want/need to get the Trinity... I have them available, either just the Trinity itself, or I also offer a package deal for both the Trinity plus custom tuning so you'd save some $$...

here's info: http://www.diablewtune.com/package_deal.html
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

And when do we see a deal to upgrade our 2006 and older trucks from a Predator to an InTune? Inquiring minds want to know!

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    And when do we see a deal to upgrade our 2006 and older trucks from a Predator to an InTune? Inquiring minds want to know!
    currently, there is no trade-in/trade-up program for the inTune... if there was though, I can tell you it wouldn't be much, cuz there's not a lot of wiggle room on the inTunes as it is... you'd be better off selling the predator on your own - you'll get a lot more for it that way... cuz think about it, the predator's are being phased out/replaced, so why would diablo want them back at this point?? heheh ;)
    06MonteSS

I to have the in-tune and my mpg got worse !! Went from 16 ish to 13 mpg, I have it on 87 octane, magnaflow exhaust and K&N CAI! What am I doin wrong lol, and I haven't been stomping the throttle, I coast at 70mph on highway, thanks!!
    Mike (MA)-2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 Vortech V8 Ext. Cab LT Z71 Offroad Package- 20" Black XD Monsters wrapped with 285 Nitto Terra Graplers, K&N CAI, Custom Magnaflow Dual Out Exhaust, Diablo InTune Programmer, Rough Country 2" Leveling Kit, Black bow ties, Black nerf bars, GM Bed Liner, Tint,Blacked out tail lights, Tonneau cover, Kenwood Excelon In-Dash Nav
    [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by 06MonteSS View Post
    so why would diablo want them back at this point?? heheh ;)
    To sell more InTunes and retain customers. Why would I want to show loyalty to a company that paints customers into a corner and causes them to do full replacements without a trade-up program or support for old devices?

Standard hardware support lifecycle is 3 years of support for hardware products that have been obsoleted by newer products; I believe it's actually 5 or 6 years for things like TV's and much, much longer for things like vehicles. If Diablosport cuts support for the Predator in less time than that ... I'll strongly consider other options.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    To sell more InTunes and retain customers. Why would I want to show loyalty to a company that paints customers into a corner and causes them to do full replacements without a trade-up program or support for old devices?

Standard hardware support lifecycle is 3 years of support for hardware products that have been obsoleted by newer products; I believe it's actually 5 or 6 years for things like TV's and much, much longer for things like vehicles. If Diablosport cuts support for the Predator in less time than that ... I'll strongly consider other options.
    woah, who said anything about not supporting the predators still??? they'll still be supported... but not manufactured/sold any more as the inTune gets support for specific predator models... i.e. if you look at diablo's inTune info page, it has a list of currently supported vehicles... the corresponding predators that support those same vehicles are not going to be made anymore... current ones that are already and still out there obviously will still be supported through the forums, tech support, etc....

and I'm not saying there never will be some sort of trade-in program.. .there may or may not be, I don't know... but I do know as of right now, there is not.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mzarb28 View Post
    I to have the in-tune and my mpg got worse !! Went from 16 ish to 13 mpg, I have it on 87 octane, magnaflow exhaust and K&N CAI! What am I doin wrong lol, and I haven't been stomping the throttle, I coast at 70mph on highway, thanks!!
    have you done any data logging to see where your average long term fuel trims (LTFT's) are at, and make some fueling adjustments??

also, have you updated it to the latest revisions? should have a mpg booster tune available on there as well...
    Last edited by 06MonteSS; 01-27-2012 at 10:42 AM.
    06MonteSS

Quote Originally Posted by 06MonteSS View Post
    woah, who said anything about not supporting the predators still??? they'll still be supported... but not manufactured/sold any more as the inTune gets support for specific predator models... i.e. if you look at diablo's inTune info page, it has a list of currently supported vehicles... the corresponding predators that support those same vehicles are not going to be made anymore... current ones that are already and still out there obviously will still be supported through the forums, tech support, etc....

and I'm not saying there never will be some sort of trade-in program.. .there may or may not be, I don't know... but I do know as of right now, there is not.
    As long as they're still supported I'm cool with that -- even if the Predator is super-bulky and ugly.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast