GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... Last Post byLast Post by

I just bought the InTune at a local dealer because I wanted to "pick it up now" (Sorry Lew).... If you charge for custom tunes for existing owners of the InTune, could you PM me and let me know what your rates are?

I loaded the diablo tune on the InTune (after 2 hours of updates and reboots) :-( and it works great.

Lew,

I have no experience with tuning but want to explore options for my truck. Can this combo from Diablo work on my 2011 6.0 Sierra 2500HD? Plus I noticed you are in Ct also

Quote Originally Posted by 06MonteSS View Post
    Hey there!

Yes, I can definitely get you hooked up!

With the custom tune, you'll gain even better/quicker throttle response & acceleration, stronger/harder pull, smoother & quicker power delivery throughout the rpms, etc... and sometimes, maybe even a little better gas mileage - if you can keep your foot out of it! hahaha... shoot me a PM with your email address / IM screenname and I'll get more detailed info to ya... thanks! ;)

but for now...

For your truck, the Diablosport Trinity is what you want...

the Trinity has the tcm/tranny support and the tranny changes are nice. quicker, firmer shifts, you can adjust the shift points, firmness, etc.. it has much better data logging... has a windshield mount (like a gps), a bigger, color touch screen so it's easier to go through while it's mounted... you can watch/view the data without having to hold it, since it's mounted to the windshield... there's also an available gauge pod mount adapter for it, so if you have a gauge pod like on your a-pillar, you could mount it right in there with the pod mount... the Trinity will also get an update in the future that will allow you tune more than one vehicle at a time with it...

I sell the Trinity programmers, and I also offer a package deal for it that includes my custom tuning at a reduced rate, so you'd save money. Here's info:

Trinity:
    http://www.diablewtune.com/package_deal.html

as for the difference between the two... I actually have both the inTune and Trinity for my car... engine tune wise, the tunes are the same. but, the Trinity has the tcm/tranny support and the tranny changes are nice. quicker, firmer shifts, you can adjust the shift points, firmness, etc.. the inTune does not have tcm/tranny support yet - but it is supposed to be getting an update in the near future that will add it. I also like the Trinity better for data logging - the logging is better, and since it has a windshield mount (like a gps), a bigger, color screen, so it's easier to go through while it's mounted... you can watch/view the data without having to hold it, since it's mounted to the windshield... there's also an available gauge pod mount adapter for it, so if you have a gauge pod like on your a-pillar, you could mount it right in there with the pod mount... the inTune does not have a mount, so you have to hold it or put it on the seat next to you, it's a little harder to figure out and find where the parameters are to log, etc... the Trinity will also get an update in the future that will allow you tune more than one vehicle at a time with it... again, these are MY personal preferences... other people like the smaller intune better (it's the size of a credit card), and having to hold it or lay it on the seat may be no big deal to them... but for me, for my preferences, I like the Trinity better...

Thanks man!

2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE 4WD/Z71 Crew Cab Gray Green Metallic 6.0 Gas 6spd Auto 3.73 gears, HD locking rear differential. 18"Alum Wheels (Stock) Stock Michelin LTX AT-II Tires, Banks Monster Exhaust, Westin Platinum SS Oval Step Bars, EGR Window Deflectors, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Front and back Weathertech Digitech liners. Factory Remote Start with Onstar App on iPhone.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE Black 4WD 4.2 175,000 Miles all original drivetrain and runs like a champ and no rust or rot!

yes sir, it most certainly can...

oh yeah?? where in CT are you?? I'm in Woodbury....
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Farmington, just a few exits up 84

I'm selling my camper at the moment, once funds free up I will be in touch with you. What can I expect for mileage improvements? I have a banks monster exhaust and a drop in K&N filter. Averaging 13-15 mpg a little more when I behave on the highway

Thanks

Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by 06MonteSS View Post
    yes sir, it most certainly can...

oh yeah?? where in CT are you?? I'm in Woodbury....

oh cool, not far away at all....

as far as gains go... absolute hp/tq gains are hard to predict... every vehicle is different... even if they're the same and have similar mods... location/weather, fuel used, elevation/altitude, etc etc all play a role... the same holds true for mileage gains - those variables, plus driving habits/style, how much highway vs city, etc all make a difference.... you could gain no mpg increase, or you could gain up to about 3-4 mpg increase... tough to say due to the variables in play...

I CAN tell you that you will have a very noticable performance difference/gain over and above the canned preset diablo tunes...

With the custom tune, you'll gain even better/quicker throttle response & acceleration, stronger/harder pull, smoother & quicker power delivery throughout the rpms, etc... and sometimes, maybe even a little better gas mileage - if you can keep your foot out of it! hahaha...

I have gained people anywhere from 15-39hp, and 12-23lb. ft. torque...and 0 to 3.5 mpg... again, obviously mods, fuel used, etc all played a role in who gained what...

Quote Originally Posted by Salesguy1980 View Post
    Farmington, just a few exits up 84

I'm selling my camper at the moment, once funds free up I will be in touch with you. What can I expect for mileage improvements? I have a banks monster exhaust and a drop in K&N filter. Averaging 13-15 mpg a little more when I behave on the highway

Thanks

Paul

As I am learning more about my InTune and the fact that I am completely new to tuners, what does WOT mean?

WOT = Wide Open Throttle...

get on it... pedal to the metal... put your foot into the back of the radiator... hammer down... drive it like ya stole it... etc etc etc... hahaha...

Ahhhh the mpg killer ........

Get outside of Apex to do this or you're asking for trouble. When I did my WOT log I ran to 90ish from a standstill...

I am working on my custom tune now. Doing the logging part. All I can say is Lew is the MAN!! Truck pulls like a mule!!

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... Last Post byLast Post by