GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Get outside of Apex to do this or you're asking for trouble. When I did my WOT log I ran to 90ish from a standstill...
    Apex Who?

Finally got one of these things can't wait to use it. Trucks been moving to much the past couple days
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

just ordered one of these, cant wait for it to get here so i can get rid of the factory lazy shift, and speed limiter

nice! ;)

06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

06MonteSS to what i read u are the man to talk to about getting custom programing done. I dont know much about tunes and tuners, just what iv read and people reviews. Does it really make that much of a difference from the box tune the programer comes with to a custom tune. My truck is an every day driver, and my main reason to get one to to get rid of the speed limiter for when passing on single lane highways and the lazy shift and it can be used as a obd II scan tool. More MPG and horse power is nice but not my main intrest.

yes it really does make a difference...

With the custom tune, you'll gain even better/quicker throttle response & acceleration, stronger/harder pull, smoother & quicker power delivery throughout the rpms, etc...

As far as gains go... absolute hp/tq gains are hard to predict... every vehicle is different... even if they're the same and have similar mods... location/weather, fuel used, elevation/altitude, etc etc all play a role... the same holds true for mileage gains - those variables, plus driving habits/style, how much highway vs city driving, etc all make a difference.... you could gain no mpg increase, or you could gain up to about 3 mpg increase... tough to say due to the variables in play... so there is no guarantee of any specific amount of hp/tq or mileage gains...

with the custom tune, I CAN tell you that you will definitely have a very noticeable performance difference/gain over and above the canned preset diablo tunes...

I have gained people anywhere from 12-39hp, and 10-23lb. ft. torque...and 0 to 2 mpg - above and beyond what the preset canned tunes give you... again, obviously mods, fuel used, etc all played a role in who gained what...

You can find info about it, as well as links to Contact me, Testimonials, etc. on my site here: http://www.diablewtune.com

Thanks!
    -Lew

Thanks Lew guess iv got more reading to do lol, my truck is stock been thinking of putting a jr cai kit on the truck which consists of a new tube and drop in air filter.

ok, cool... yeah, that will help you too...

what i really would like to do is drop a 6.2 lsa create motor in or a 6.2 lsx with a Whipple supercharger, but that will have to wait till the truck is payed off if it ever does happen time will tell, but one can dream lol

well tune is in but not sure what i should set the tranny shift points at, i want to be firm but dont want it to jerk or bang the rear diff. any one have a setting they like for partial and wot settings.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 Last Post byLast Post by