GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Sr. Mechanic

What I would like to know, is how is this going to effect my states annual inspection, the one where they plug in the scanner to my computer,AND shove the sniffer up my tail pipe! I drive an 06 2500 HD!

doesn't affect it at all... truck will actually be running better/more efficiently.... have never removed the tune from my car when I had to go to emissions testing here in CT... and always passed with flying colors, as has anyone else.... you won't have any issues...
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Can you still disable the torque management? On these newer programmer's. Since I know that's one huge factor why Chevys have that dog take off to save the tranny.
    I remember on my older truck I would turn it off and it would spin my 305's on the rear. And I'd pull on my friends newer trucks with the 5.3, while I had a 4.8

The more I read and remember all the things I had done to my old truck makes me want to pull the trigger on this 04 z71 truck but I don't know if i should haha
    2003 Silverado Extended Cab
    AEM Brute Force Intake
    PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer
    Diablo Sports Predator Programmer
    Borla Stainless Steal Shorty Headers
    Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cats
    Borla Stainless Steel Cat-Back Dual Split Side Exhaust
    20 inch OEM 5 Spoke Chrome rims with 305/50's
    2 12' Rockford Fosgate Subs w/ Kickers Tweeter's
    55 Watt 6K HID Lights

yes...........
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Default Tuner info requested

I'm curious if there's a decent tuner for a 2013 - Silverado 2500HD/6.0L. Interested in a Diablo unit but run into where it wont work with models having a "G" as the 8th digit in the VIN. Can anyone explain this or point me in the right direction? Was looking forward to getting up with Lou but......

Thanks in advance
    '13 Silverado 2500 | Crew Cab 2WD W/T | Vortec 6.0 | Diablew Tune |
    (Various Chrome items & Bestop Tonneau...)

Quote Originally Posted by awtposts View Post
    I'm curious if there's a decent tuner for a 2013 - Silverado 2500HD/6.0L. Interested in a Diablo unit but run into where it wont work with models having a "G" as the 8th digit in the VIN. Can anyone explain this or point me in the right direction? Was looking forward to getting up with Lou but......

Thanks in advance
    http://www.silveradosierra.com/vorte....html#p1547058
    06MonteSS

Thanks 06MonteSS -
    '13 Silverado 2500 | Crew Cab 2WD W/T | Vortec 6.0 | Diablew Tune |
    (Various Chrome items & Bestop Tonneau...)

I just got a used 2008 silverado with the 5.3 and am thinking about going with the trinity.
    I read something about a package deal what would that include and price please Lew...

The diablosport inTune or Trinity would both work for your vehicle...

I sell both the inTune and Trinity programmers, and I also offer a package deal as well that includes my custom tuning at a reduced cost so you'd save some $$. ;)

You can find info about them, as well as links to my Package Deals, Testimonials, etc. on my site here: http://www.diablewtune.com and http://www.diablewtune.com/package_deals.html

as for the difference between the two... I actually have both the inTune and Trinity for my car... tune wise, the tunes are the same. adjustable parameters are the same, and of course my custom tune would be the same as well...

The Trinity has a few more features, including a performance monitor for 0-60, 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile times, etc... bigger color touch screen... graphic virtual gauges for monitoring data... it has a windshield mount (like a gps)... you can watch/view the data without having to hold it, since it's mounted to the windshield...

The inTune is smaller (it's the size of a credit card), it does not have the performance monitor, and does not have the graphic virtual gauges, etc, but it's less expensive...and it's a little easier to use than the Trinity when it comes to data logging and importing/export tune files for custom tuning, since you don't have to use any extra software - everything is just copy/paste with the inTune.

So really, it's up to you which one you'd want... if you don't want/need the extra features/bell-n-whistles, then you can go with the inTune - and it's less expensive...

here are links to their user manuals so you can check them both out:

Trinity user manual: http://diablosport.com/manualFiles/T...ser_Manual.pdf

inTune user manual: http://diablosport.com/manualFiles/i...ser_Manual.pdf

With the custom tune, you'll gain even better/quicker throttle response & acceleration, stronger/harder pull, smoother & quicker power delivery throughout the rpms, etc...

As far as gains go... absolute hp/tq gains are hard to predict... every vehicle is different... even if they're the same and have similar mods... location/weather, fuel used, elevation/altitude, etc etc all play a role... the same holds true for mileage gains - those variables, plus driving habits/style, how much highway vs city driving, etc all make a difference.... you could gain no mpg increase, or you could gain up to about 3 mpg increase... tough to say due to the variables in play... so there is no guarantee of any specific/certain amount of hp/tq or mileage gains...

with the custom tune, I CAN tell you that you will definitely have a very noticeable performance difference/gain over and above the canned preset diablo tunes...

I have gained people anywhere from 12-39hp, and 10-23lb. ft. torque...and 0 to 2 mpg... again, obviously mods, fuel used, etc all played a role in who gained what...

Thanks for asking man, I appreciate it!

-Lew
    06MonteSS

Yeah, I'm familiar with the diablo predator as I had one for my 2oo5 dodge magnum.
    I let go of the magnum right when they were introducing the trinity so it's been awhile...
    The intune is new to me so let me check it out and I'll get back to ya thanks for explaining.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567