GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 94 GMC EGR problems

My 1994 GMC 1500 truck didn't start after going out for a short run last night. I hooked up the code reader and it said (32) EGR system (Vacuum switch shorted to ground on start up or, Switch not closed after the PCM has commanded EGR for a specified period of time or EGR solenoid circuit open for a specified period of time. I replaced the EGR control solenoid (6) months ago and a few other faulty sensors. I took the EGR electrical connector off and plugged it into a lead on the same harness I would guess is a bypass and the truck started and runs no problem but the code remains. any thoughts? is the EGR valve itself faulty or is it the control solenoid?

I can't figure out what you've plugged that connector in to, but you need to find a diagnostic chart to check out the operation of your EGR system. YOu should be able to find the info you need online. Autozone has vehicle repair guides available for free.
    Good Luck and God Bless

there is no bypass and for the life of me i cant figure out what you plugged into thinking back to my old 94, i have the harness from it down in the garage, i will have to go take a look at it, the egr code should not keep it from starting, i think you have another issue.
    my 88 sas "mudwasp"
    88 chevy k2500, started as reg cab lb, now reg cab shortbox, sas 17'' of lift, 52'' front springs f.i. bbc , 79 dana hp 60 chevy outers, 14bolt ff spooled divorced 205 and cut 40'' gumbos
    1998 k3500 gmc crew cab dually L65 6.5TD 4l80e with a couple of mods

bouncing truck avatar creator