GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I went the cheaper way with my system. It works better in a regular cab, but the sound is awesome. I bought a 500 watt sony head unit, a 300 watt Jensen amp, and apassive bazooka tube with a 6 inch subwoofer. I put the bazooka right in the middle behind the center console and attached the amp to the back panel. It sounds great and I only spent around $300.00. I bought the bazooka without an amp since I already had the Jensen amp, but you can buy them with an amp included to save on space.
    Pete "Cujo" Clark
    2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 5.3L

Where did you find a 500 watt headunit? That's huge!? 99.9999% of headunits are 50x4 watts..

Jr. Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by darkness-lies- View Post
    i always liked kicker. but MTX are good sonys are good JL is also good. im running 2 12inch kickers with boston acoustic amp under by back seats.
    Just out of suriosty... whats you set up? Which model kickers and what box (or if its custom made)?

The reason I'm asking is because I have a 12" L7 that i had in my last truck and I wasn't going to spend money on a new set of subs just so they would be hidden under the seats. My problem is the mounting depth on mine is damn deep that it won't fit under the seat let alone with the box. My shop said I could weld brackets and raise my back seats up, but that would look dumb in my opinion. Plus I don't want people hitting their heads off of the roof of my cab haha.

The only other thing I could think of was to take out the 60/40 bench seat and replace the 60 with another 40 leaving me without a middle seat, which is fine, then I'd have a custom box made to sit in between them. However, I can't find the right parts online anywhere because obviously they only make the 40 to be on the passenger side. I'm sure I could fix it with a little modding, but I don't want to drop cash and find out it can't be done.

Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks guys!
    2010 Red Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LT
    Blacked Out
    15% Tint all around
    22" KMC Slide Series Black Chrome Rims
    305/45/22R Nitto Dune Grappler Tires
    ReadyLift Leveling Kit
    K&N CAI
    IPCW Black Halo Projector LED Headlights
    IPCW Black Third brake Light
    IPCW Black LED Taillights
    Street Scene Front Bumper Valance
    Street Scene Black Chrome Grille
    Black Bowties
    Magnaflow Dual Exhaust
    Alpine Touchscreen Headunit
    4 Kicker RS Componet Speakers
    Kicker 12" L7 subwoofer w/ Kicker ZX1500.1 Amplifier

You can fit that sub under your rear seat if you have a 99-2007 extended cab. I have two L7 10s under my seat. You will have to stay with a sealed box (they are much more musical) and the box has to be a custom made up firing box. The L7 sub is a great driver for these trucks because they are about the mac you can fit under a seat.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Quote Originally Posted by zigger215 View Post
    Where did you find a 500 watt headunit? That's huge!? 99.9999% of headunits are 50x4 watts..
    And even with that you are only getting between 14-22 watts RMS out of the best head units...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I'm thinking 500 watts was a typo. But I agree. Very small and inefficient headunits.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234