GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 285/65 r18 Nitto Trail Grapplers

i have a 2010 ext cab z71 i have been doing some searching on here and havent really found what i was looking for yet. i have been looking at getting some 285/65 r18 nitto trail grapplers and putting them on my stock wheels and wondering if anybody on here has the same setup and can post some pictures of them? and how many MPGs you lost by getting them? thanks for the help.
    Last edited by keith86; 01-27-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Legend

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure they should fit if you put a leveling kit on your truck.. Some of the others may know better than myself.

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

yea im sure i want have any problems with them fitting. i already have a leveling kit im just curious if anybody has them on the stock wheels

Go to my profile and check out mt albums I have 285x65x18 Trail Grapplers with stock rims and a RCX 2" leveling kit. I lost around 3 mpg then I put an Airaid Jr. CAI on and gained the mpgs I lost back. Hope this helps.

Luke
    Last edited by LB'07-Z; 01-27-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Luke
    '02 Chevrolet 2500hd
    6.6 Duramax LB7
    3.5" Straight Pipe
    4" MBRP Black Exhaust Tip
    Tow Mirrors
    TSC Black Low Profile Tool Box
    Maverick Brush Guard

Yea that's exactly what im looking for thanks how are the tires wearing so far do they ride good

Quote Originally Posted by LB'07-Z View Post
    I lost around 3 mpg then I put an Airaid Jr. CAI on and gained the mpgs I lost back.
    You, sir, are the only person I have ever heard claim that kind of a mileage improvement from a CAI, by itself. Can you supply data to back that up? I'm asking because I, too, have a CAI (different brand) and if someone can demonstrably prove a 3mpg regain of mileage previously lost from mods ... I'll be switching my CAI to that one. It's a big claim, so I'm looking for real, provable substantiation of it ... because if you can prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt I will absolutely switch to the CAI you're running.

Let me know. PM is fine, if you'd prefer.

The tires ride great for a mud tire in my opinion. Im coming up on 10k miles on them and so far they seem to be wearing decently. Im hoping to get 15 or 20 more.

Ok this data you speak of absolutely I don't have any physical data to send you what I'm saying is my instant mpg went back to saying 16-18 V8 & 23-25 V4 on my daily commute to work after I got my CAI. After my mods & before my CAI it was down also around here we call it Duck River hill before (with how I like to drive) 6 mpg up it, after it was back to 9 mpg (this is where I get my 3. 9-6=3). Thats what my instant screen says and average I still get 12 -14 depending on where all I'm having to drive. It definatly worked for me and my truck unless the computer in the truck is messed up. Also got a buddy he's on here too username's Pruett he has 1 too talk to him if you want he's back to getting 15 mpg with his 295s. And your truck (looks awesome by the way) has a 6" lift and 315s where mine just has a leveling kit so no I do not think it would help your truck as much as it did mine but who knows. Hope this helps you man.

Luke
    '02 Chevrolet 2500hd
    6.6 Duramax LB7
    3.5" Straight Pipe
    4" MBRP Black Exhaust Tip
    Tow Mirrors
    TSC Black Low Profile Tool Box
    Maverick Brush Guard

I have a Daystar leveling kit on my 2010 Z71 4x4 and was wondering if this size would fit also. i do not know how much lift i got bc i didnt take measurements before and after but the truck is fairly level so im gussing i got 2'' max? any thoughts on that? also i was looking at some 275/70/18's. would these fit on stock 18's? they are a skinnier tread then teh 285/65/18's. thanks

Not sure if you will see another 20k on those Nittos, Luke. I just took off my 295's and they had a little more than 20k on them and they were really close to the wear indicators. But I do agree they are a great tire.

________2013 4C Rated__________

Im Not exactly sure why people seem to have issues with some 285 tires on stock rides, i have never had any issues but it is probably the wheel setup they are using because i have some chevy 22s that have 285/45/r22 on them and have had them on my 08 and 11 and have had zero clearance issues. The height is a tad shy of 33inches.
    Adam
    11 Silverado Summit White Ext. Cab 5.3L Z71 9k miles
    RC leveling kit
    Jason fiberglass tonneau cover
    Penda-liner
    Superchips 91 octane tune
    Front air dam removed
    6,000k lowbeams 6,000k fogs
    color match bowties
    color match mudflaps
    20% tint all the way around
    20% tinted 6in sunshade
    Nitto terra grappler 275/70r17 (winter setup)
    Chevy 22s with Bridgestone Alenza 285/45r22 (summer setup)
    Kenwood DNX6180 indash

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast