GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legend
    Blog Entries

Yes a full tune up would help (i thought you might have already checked that since you were already on to replacing the PCM) As to the CEL it will remain on until you reset the computer since it will store the codes.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

still runs the same with new problems. i went out to start it and it cranked forever kind of hit and missing for a few tries. held my foot in it. it started but quit once i let off. did it a few times. the tank was on E though got gas. noticed that the idle was extremely low at idle now. and in gear practically not even running. unplugged iac to keep rpm up for the mean time. what im thinkin is when i did the cap cleaning could i have caused new rust with alcohol wipes to clean the rust dust out of the cap. also the coil connector was corroded. engine still stalls at low rpm slight acceleration takeoffs unless i use more gas. could i have a timing problem. is the timing wire under the dash on the passenger side. i saw a brown wire there today and figured it was timing connector. i think my timing might be off because when the computer retards/advances according. the base timing is off so when it changes upon takeoff maybe it changes to much and starts causin trouble. cap and rotor first and some plugs and ill borrow a ohmeter to check my plug wires. any ideas. how to check fuel pressure

ok so heres what i got. i got mad cause this truck had me stumpped. key word HAD. i popped the hood and took air cleaner off and started unplugging sensors till it acted normal. good news all my sensors work cause they all made the truck stall, shutoff, surge etc etc. then came the EGR again. i tested it buy cleaning it out with carb cleaner. then i pushed the diaphram and held finger on vacumm tube. it held in place so i thought. i pulled the vac hose to it off the egr. stuck a screwdriver in the vac. supply line.WALAAAA!!! ran completely fine after plugging it. i guess the new working module with a vac leak didnt mix well. i did some driveway tests of holding the brake and hittin the gas several times trying to force a stall. idle consistently came back to 750 ish in drive. it was stalling out completely before i plugged it. long story short the module made the CEL light come and go now. a map sensor, both temp senders, and an ignition module and a computer swap ended up being the EGR after all.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Ugh.. sorry about that, gotta love trucks.

yah i love her to death. not sure why i checked the egr offf the truck not on and unplugged. the module was bad but it wasnt the cause of stalling. runs great and love it. no more stalling, low rpm crackling, dying etc etc. smooth as an apple. thanks for your help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12